• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2023-24 Australian domestic cricket season

ataraxia

International Coach
Trying to work out the logic behind the selection of Kane Williamson

Not a bad bowler BUT …..

Not in the state squad

While he must be registered with a club & lives on the Goldie, he hasn’t played for a Queensland one in 2 years to the best of my knowledge

White ball mercenary but contracted to the Renegades & not the Heat

Only thing that I can think of is that Queensland has a number of contracted bowlers made of papier-mâché (Bartlett, Sully, Bazley, Edwards) and they’ve thrown him a bone

Still doesn’t make sense
Agree 100%

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Trying to work out the logic behind the selection of Kane Williamson

Not a bad bowler BUT …..

Not in the state squad

While he must be registered with a club & lives on the Goldie, he hasn’t played for a Queensland one in 2 years to the best of my knowledge

White ball mercenary but contracted to the Renegades & not the Heat

Only thing that I can think of is that Queensland has a number of contracted bowlers made of papier-mâché (Bartlett, Sully, Bazley, Edwards) and they’ve thrown him a bone

Still doesn’t make sense
Not to mention the more pressing question of why Queensland picked a New Zealand batsman who chucks as a bowler

TheJediBrah

terrible batting, good bowling or a real dire wicket? combo of all 3?
Wicket's ok, a bit up and down. More a combination of very tight bowling, barely been a bad ball, and unhurried batting. Good field settings for the pitch on offer too

TheJediBrah

This looks like it could turn into that incredible Beau Webster innings he plays once or twice a season. Need to get him soon

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
A time honoured domestic cricket tradition

Also, Tom Rogers (the Tasmania one) not getting a game here when he played for Aus A just the other week is a bit odd
Tasmania seem to not rate him and I have never been able to tell why. Was one of the best bowlers across the marsh cup and BBL last season.

TheJediBrah

A time honoured domestic cricket tradition

Also, Tom Rogers (the Tasmania one) not getting a game here when he played for Aus A just the other week is a bit odd
I expect a few of the blokes that played for Aus A recently will be missing out on their state sides. Says more about the selection for the Aus A games than anything els

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I expect a few of the blokes that played for Aus A recently will be missing out on their state sides. Says more about the selection for the Aus A games than anything els
See your point, but in this case I honestly would pick him ahead any of the quicks they actually have gone with

Will be very interested to see what their Shield attack looks like when that starts. Think they really might struggle, especially away from some of the Bellerive greentops they play on at home at times

TheJediBrah

Picking Rainbird ahead of him was the weird one for me. I can sort of understand the other 2 even if they wouldn't be my choice. Or play him ahead of Owen as an all-rounder

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Actually been pretty impressed with Billy here, thought he would look really rusty after so long since he has played any cricket, but he has bowled quite well here

Of course he will probably break again soon enough, but for the time being it is good to watch

EDIT: and then he goes and bowls a few half vollies just after I said that

Last edited: