• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2023-24 Australian domestic cricket season

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
South Australia 2nds playing against QLD 2nds right now. Last innings and the Queenslanders need 243 to get

A few noteworthy performances. Fraser-McGurk made a run a ball ton in the first innings, and an even quicker 80odd in the second. Know he isn't everyones cup of the here, but if he keeps going that then I would be glad to have him here. Buckingham took 4 in the first South Australian bowling innings, Aubery Stockdale who has moved here from Queensland took two and appeared (although it is hard to tell with the camera angle) to bowl with some good pace. From a bananabender point of view, Jack Clayton made 96 and Jack Wildermuth has picked up a few wickets
Every time I've checked a second xi scorecard that mcgurk's on he's made some blazing run a ball ton, but he hasn't seemed go figure out the next level yet.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Every time I've checked a second xi scorecard that mcgurk's on he's made some blazing run a ball ton, but he hasn't seemed go figure out the next level yet.
Yeah I can recall at least one, maybe two times where he played what looks to be a similarly commanding innings for the Vic 2nds

From memory his Melbourne grade record was pretty rancid though, which makes things even more confusing.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
South Australia 2nds playing against QLD 2nds right now. Last innings and the Queenslanders need 243 to get

A few noteworthy performances. Fraser-McGurk made a run a ball ton in the first innings, and an even quicker 80odd in the second. Know he isn't everyones cup of the here, but if he keeps going that then I would be glad to have him here. Buckingham took 4 in the first South Australian bowling innings, Aubery Stockdale who has moved here from Queensland took two and appeared (although it is hard to tell with the camera angle) to bowl with some good pace. From a bananabender point of view, Jack Clayton made 96 and Jack Wildermuth has picked up a few wickets
Stockdale is very sharp but wild

Highest wicket taker in Brisbane Premier cricket last season and a mistake to let him go

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Two in three balls for Buckingham right after lunch, excellent

Although the Bryant LBW may have been high. Didn't look thrilled with the decision

Stockdale is very sharp but wild

Highest wicket taker in Brisbane Premier cricket last season and a mistake to let him go
Glad he has landed over here, definitely has a bit about him

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I preferred it when it was spread during the season. You get more variety of players and opportunity rather than the same XI playing every game.

All it takes is a 2-week injury and a player won't get any 50-over games that year. This led to things like Chris Lynn not playing a List-A game for years then making his ODI debut.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The OD comp peaked back when all the games were played in NSW and that's just a fact
I'm writing a book arguing that federation was a mistake, and the fact that Sydney First Grade would have FC and List A status if NSW was a Test nation will obviously be a key component of it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You'll have plenty of oppurtunities to stick the boot in when things inevitably go up the creek come this Shield season, don't worry about that
NSW are always good in theory but sometimes suck in practice. I'm getting my jibes in early, wooden spoon in hand, before we actually start playing and become a laughingstock again.