• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

RigorMortis

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Gee right now I'm getting more raps for my batting than my bowling :(

Still knocked over Maher, can't be all bad...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
With four wickets and a century in the second innings I'm very happy with my own form. Disappointing to be so soundly beaten though, even by a good side.

edit: out of curiosity, if the form from these games does not carry through to the regular season, are they still considered FC matches?

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
FaaipDeOiad said:
With four wickets and a century in the second innings I'm very happy with my own form. Disappointing to be so soundly beaten though, even by a good side.

edit: out of curiosity, if the form from these games does not carry through to the regular season, are they still considered FC matches?
dont think so :)

well done by the way, excellent all-round effort :D :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
These aren't FC matches, because I don't like the idea of players making their FC and OD debut in essentially meaningless matches.

Simon

BlackCap_Fan said:
Hey! I've got an excuse; I'm a debutant.

After the gruelling torture that is net practice, anyone wanna join me at the local pub?
if it was a test tour id glady join u, but we set high standards here at blue, we would like to defend our first class title and net sessions are the best thing to help us on our maybe, and then we can sneak a few in at the local when liam isnt looking...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Marc, I'd suggest Markus stepping out for Cassidy to get a go.
Actually can you put him in for Ghansar instead?

Sorry about missing him, went off the initial listing and forgot we'd had another rookie!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
broncoman said:
if it was a test tour id glady join u, but we set high standards here at blue, we would like to defend our first class title and net sessions are the best thing to help us on our maybe, and then we can sneak a few in at the local when liam isnt looking...
/when he's stoned?

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
I particularly liked the way you took 23 balls to make 0 first time round.
He just places a great value on his wicket....send him out with a bat next time and see how he does :D.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
roseboy64 said:
I wouldn't think so.It's about trying to play more proper and not throwing away your wicket.Besides my original aggression wasn't near that of Powell or Smith I reckon.
Why should it stay the same though?

I don't see how people can just pick and choose how they play with no penalty.

Mr Mxyzptlk

marc71178 said:
Why should it stay the same though?

I don't see how people can just pick and choose how they play with no penalty.
Such adjustments would only be around 10 off the SR though. That means that if someone is striking it at 80, he'll drop to 70, which is still sufficiently high to cause Dwayne Smith syndrome.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Rose could well be more referring to the aggression setting for batting/bowling (set by the captain) for each game rather than just general strike rate.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yes, but I still don't see how people can change it now, just because they've seen what the sim does?

Surely they gave accurate figures in the first place.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
It seems sensible to me that someone can reduce their strike rate with an appropriate loss in batting ability as they attempt to adjust to playing in a new style. Changing it without a penalty however would take quite a player.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Simply put, it would be to their detriment to change their style of play. That's like asking Afridi to go out and do a Vimes. It's more likely to get him out than bring big runs. I'd back aggressive players to play their natural aggressive game instead.

Loony BoB

International Captain
There's nothing wrong about asking the captain if they can play more defensively. It's just like someone telling Afridi to not hit the ball in the air.

Okay, maybe that's a bad example... but you get the idea. ;)

EDIT: Wow, Liam read my mind...