• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
As an aside, why is my full name written out on the scorecard (i.e. Håkon Mørk instead of H. Mørk)? It's not like Norwegians have the same weird naming rules as the Arab countries...and it looks asymmetrical when most other have their initials.

No big deal, tho.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Samuel_Vimes said:
As an aside, why is my full name written out on the scorecard (i.e. Håkon Mørk instead of H. Mørk)? It's not like Norwegians have the same weird naming rules as the Arab countries...and it looks asymmetrical when most other have their initials.

No big deal, tho.
It started with me wondering it the å showed up in the sim. Then I forgot to remove it. Fixed now.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
It started with me wondering it the å showed up in the sim. Then I forgot to remove it. Fixed now.
If you want more testing, I'll create a new account and sign up as Polish medium-pace trundler Michał Radosław Żewłakow. ;)

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Happy with the teams start to the season there... big 300+ win. Shame the new boys didn't quite live up to expectation with the bat... don't worry guys it's only a matter of time just keep working on it..

Personally... 140 off 169 in the first dig and 66 off 82 in the second innings... well i s'pose I'm kinda happy!!! HEHEHE

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I don't think people should be able to change now - it would suggest they're initial submissions were wrong, thus invalidating everything they've done so far.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Not sure where you want an XI Liam, but in the spirit of giving everyone a game, can the Reds go as follows:

Moerk
Stedman
Markus
Maddocks
Ghansar
Dobson
Robbins
Bennett
Thirtyone
Kennett
Law

Bowling attack to be Kennett and Thirtyone followed by Robbins, Bennett, Law and any others that can.

Mr Mxyzptlk

marc71178 said:
I don't think people should be able to change now - it would suggest they're initial submissions were wrong, thus invalidating everything they've done so far.
They'll tone down their style of play, thus neglecting their natural style of play, thus possibly resulting in Dwayne Smith/Ricardo Powell syndrome.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I wouldn't think so.It's about trying to play more proper and not throwing away your wicket.Besides my original aggression wasn't near that of Powell or Smith I reckon.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
God damn i hate our home ground :@.

Good win in the second warm up after a good effort against the strong Australia A team. Looking good for the season ahead (no matter what the media says ;))

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Not sure where you want an XI Liam, but in the spirit of giving everyone a game, can the Reds go as follows:

Moerk
Stedman
Markus
Maddocks
Ghansar
Dobson
Robbins
Bennett
Thirtyone
Kennett
Law

Bowling attack to be Kennett and Thirtyone followed by Robbins, Bennett, Law and any others that can.
Wait a minute, where am I? (I didn't play in the first game)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
wishing my bowling wasnt so crap! damn that annoys me, I wouldve loved to peform against an International side! will work much, MUCH harder :@

my batting was a nice plus tho, 2nd highest score in our first innings :D and getting out to afridi is never a shame :p

still, cmon fellaz, lets get some good practice under our belts!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Warmup Matches 2.2

CW Blue v Australia A

RGEWS Cribb
P.E. Young *
B.L. Wilshere
M.W. De Silva
S.E. Fuller
S.C. Popat
D. Jellett +
M.P. Phillips
T.C. Halsey
R. Harris
N.L. Patrick

Some terrible batting. PY led the men well in the field in my absence though, but not a pleasant performance overall. Well-played de Silva and Fuller though. Harris and Popat also deserve mention.

With the ball all the bowlers looked pretty good.

Attachments

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Bichel attack!!

5-for! nice... much better than last time, but still a dissapointing 2nd innings. and a team loss! :-O not cool.