• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
Will the captains be consulted about bowling orders etc before any more are played?
Captains may submit orders and lineups, as Neil has done, but these matches aren't official. In fact, the form gathered in these games won't even be carried into the season. It's just to give captains an idea of the abilities of their players.

Mr Mxyzptlk

The reason why so many batsmen will tend to low scores is pretty simple - high strike rates. So many batsman have strike rates so high that they struggle in the adjustment period when they just come to the crease and thus get out to rash shots. On the other hand, when they come out and try to belt the ball about from the start, big scores will be hard to find. Not everyone is a Gilchrist, though it seems most of the batsmen are trying to play like they are.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Captains may submit orders and lineups, as Neil has done, but these matches aren't official. In fact, the form gathered in these games won't even be carried into the season. It's just to give captains an idea of the abilities of their players.
Further to that, for the official matches, captains will be asked to submit orders for each game. A system will be put into place to cater for times when the captain can not do so. That will be explained in an email arriving soon.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The reason why so many batsmen will tend to low scores is pretty simple - high strike rates. So many batsman have strike rates so high that they struggle in the adjustment period when they just come to the crease and thus get out to rash shots. On the other hand, when they come out and try to belt the ball about from the start, big scores will be hard to find. Not everyone is a Gilchrist, though it seems most of the batsmen are trying to play like they are.
How come all the blacks got starts and nowt else then?!

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Loony BoB said:
We faced the toughest opposition of that lot and while we didn't manage a win, we still gave a great show. Brilliant show by our bowlers, particularly Weber on debut for the Greens and Cunningham did well on a very spin-friendly and flat wicket with his wickets in the first innings and his 45 off just 55 balls, not bad for a 4D game (especially in comparison to my 64 off... 270 :huh: yikes). Age flew in and did well for a quickfire 83 and Malone's display in the first innings was lovely to watch, despite my recent duck. We'll have to look to improve for the next game, however it's best to keep in mind that we only went in without Majin, Gooljar and Reuben who are all quality spinners of the ball particularly in the longer form of the game, so hold your heads high, lads, and let's hit the next team hard!
When will I get into the XI?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
That's typically how it is. Although, some have listed their style as spin and pace from the outset. In that case, it would be a fair seemless transition.
I didn't lose batting points when I changed to being a keeper did I?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Warmup Matches 2.1

The Red and Blue games will be posted later.

CW Green v Pakistan XI
CW Black v Bangladesh XI

Some more disappointing batting at times, but some very bright performances too.

Attachments

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Some good performances from some of the Greens however again alot of starts and getting out...

The Tail got us out of trouble in the 1st dig, Rai and Hoy doing a good job...
In the 2nd very happy with myself getting some runs on the board....

With the ball Rose, Weber and Rai stood out.. Whilst the others played a very good support role....

Overall a solid performance with a good result, i feel we can still play much much better which is promising...

Loony BoB

International Captain
Very shakey start to the first two innings, with it taking a bit of time before we started hitting into the Pakistani team and then making a bit of a disaster of our first innings too. But then every player in our team averaged over 20, and it showed with a whopping 102 run last wicket stand between Majin and Hoy. Bloody nice way to save a shambles, guys! :D Loved it. You both well deserved your 50's.

The second 7-wicket-match for Weber and a 37 in the middle of many lower scores in the first innings for him, too. Really proud of both rookies, actually - Bryce again taking a few wickets. Rose really took them apart in the second innings, showing that he's not going to let the new lads take all the credit. ;)

I couldn't tell the difference between Bugs and Blewy. It was like one man got out on 39 and the same man walked in. This is what they do when I say "medium aggression" - haha! In complete contrast to the big B's, the other B, Biased Indian also did a good job with his impersonation of a certain Norwegian.

Jamee, bugs and Weber were all very vocal in the field and it really helped keep spirit up all the way through the game. Thanks, guys! Kind of happy to be able to quickly hand the captaincy back to Age upon his return as that means I have a 100% win rate for the team, hahaha. :D