• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Upon further consideration, I have decided that the reduction in SR will be related to a reduction in skill, with 2 skill points lost for every 5 runs/100 balls off the SR.

Fair enough?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Makes me glad my strike rate is in the 40s. Not sure how that will impact on my performance in one dayers though.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Warmup Matches 2.3

CW Red v England A

A couple of outstanding performances from Red in what was overall an excellent game of cricket.

Attachments

David

International 12th Man
Absolutely thrilled with that performance by the team to pull off a great win!!

Equally happy with my game 7 for 87 in total and two not outs, one being 6* from just 78 balls and then a slighlty slower 2* from 36 balls :)

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Upon further consideration, I have decided that the reduction in SR will be related to a reduction in skill, with 2 skill points lost for every 5 runs/100 balls off the SR.

Fair enough?
Seems fair to me - will mean a fair few people could lose a lot of skill though :D

a massive zebra

International Captain
A great match people. England might just have snatched a thrilling victory, but fortunately we managed to keep our cool and they fell tantalisingly short.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Green's PreSeason Woes Continue

Cricket Web Green, already informed of the loss of five (5) players who have been called up to the CW XI, will start the season without the experienced Craig Walsh. Walsh picked up a groin strain whilst fielding in the second practice match at the VB Series Training Camp.

The injury is expected to keep Craig out of action for four (4) games, meaning he will miss the first two (2) FC and OD games of the season. Walsh will certainly be missed by CW Green, as they have not only lost one of the most accomplished batsmen in the system, but now find their squad down to just eleven (11) players.

Essentially Green has now lost the option of a 12th man for the initial phases of the season and this may prove a huge setback. No appeal yet to the CWBCC, but pending an appeal by CW Green management, there may be the incidence of a non-Cricket Web player being signed temporarily.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Email sent to the CWBCC requesting 12th man. ;)

Get well soon card sent to Craig from a fellow injured player!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Green's PreSeason Woes Continue

Cricket Web Green, already informed of the loss of five (5) players who have been called up to the CW XI, will start the season without the experienced Craig Walsh. Walsh picked up a groin strain whilst fielding in the second practice match at the VB Series Training Camp.

The injury is expected to keep Craig out of action for four (4) games, meaning he will miss the first two (2) FC and OD games of the season. Walsh will certainly be missed by CW Green, as they have not only lost one of the most accomplished batsmen in the system, but now find their squad down to just eleven (11) players.

Essentially Green has now lost the option of a 12th man for the initial phases of the season and this may prove a huge setback. No appeal yet to the CWBCC, but pending an appeal by CW Green management, there may be the incidence of a non-Cricket Web player being signed temporarily.
shouldnt this be in proper article form in the Media thread?

Loony BoB

International Captain
Nah, Ricky Ponting or Andrew Symonds since they're in the country and all. ;) Hey, I can be optimistic!

From what I remember, though, a player who isn't in a squad (ie retired, inactive or new) or else someone from the Aussie domestic competitions will be moved in - however I'll only play them as 12th man in the warmup game anyway.

Mr Mxyzptlk

A list of players will be submitted ASAP. They will be young Australian domestic players (not big names) and some randomly generated players.

PY

International Coach
Pretty happy with my golden blob in the first innings, a beautiful start. :D

Honoured to re-assume the role of captain again if only for a short while. Disappointing results Blues but in all honesty, it's a warm-up, non-FC game which would have been great to win but bears no influence on the fact that Season 8 5D will be ours! :cool2:

Didn't we do quite well in the slogfest last year? I remember batting at 5 and only getting to bat approx. 4 times all season.