• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Exciting stuff there blacks.... Unlukcy to get the ton the Hingy (i no how u feel) im very happy the way that i bowled in the match takin my career best figures of 2 for 49 (correct me if im rong stats men) altough i couldnt come up with the goods in my innings with the bat. Well played and lets hope we can roll our next openent.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Promising effort. The day Law and Dauth fires and our players continue the starts we're back IMO.

Vaughan-esque knock from me, too - fourth OD half-century. Perhaps I'm starting to find form? Would be good to contribute a bit more with the bat than last season...

Majin

International Debutant
Good win boys. Lets keep it going. :}

I think that's the third game in a row where I've been out bowled. >:{ Need to sort that out.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Another great win there again by the blacks. Not too happy I didn't really contribute, but well done to Hing on a very good match.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
age_master said:
Blue's 2 best bowlers out for the big 5 dayer against Green :-O :-O :-O
im gonna be opening the bowling :p
as captain i can do that! naa honestly, we will need the batsmen to stand up now and forget the loss of our 2 strike bowlers...

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Platinum said:
well played blacks...no comment on my golden duck debut performance :(
:p Sorry about that, at least you ended up on the winning team though. Bowling was pretty poor, I really should've done better than 1/52 after getting a wicket first ball. The Blue batsmen seem to have found their stride in both forms of the game now, so it is up to the bowlers to pick it up, especially in the absence of Patrick and Halsey.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
i'm really trying to pick up more than one wicket in a OD innings...but it just isn't happening at the moment.
Had a dodgy lbw decision turned down and a dropped catch in the last game.

:S

I'll get my dual+ bag one day!

biased indian

International Coach
Go Greens
Two Good Wins in a row we showed a lot of fighting spirit in both the game we have to keep along.
it was a good come back to dismiss black for 327 from 247/1

on a personal note happy to score two fifties agansit black in 5d
and a crucial 27* in the Od vs reds

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Black XI to play Red
Chris Loc
Darren Dubb-Lynch +
Alex Blackman
David Kearsley
Zafar Mohammad
Michael Wilson
Robert Hing
Callum Thompson
Sangrah Bhatia
David Richards *
Delkap

Opening partnership mark six..

Mr Mxyzptlk

Tuesday 1st February

CW Blue v CW Green
at the CWBCC Stadium

A terrible lack of commitment and basic technique from the Blue batsmen was shown up in the second innings, as the Greens cruised to a huge 271-run win at the CWBCC Stadium. The Blues tumbled to a record low of 62 all out on an admittedly less than certain batting surface.

Green was inserted to bat first due excellent seam bowling conditions at the start of the game. The plan backfired badly, and the Greens were boosted by quality innings from Rose and Cunningham to 338 all out. Debutant Demeza bowled with great heart, but failed to get support in the field.

The Blue reply started characteristically poorly. A fighting half-century from veteran Peter Young in the middle order and a breezy knock by Phillips helped the score over 200, but a concession of 123 runs was made on first innings. Hoy and Timewell impressively shared 9 wickets.

Craig Walsh and Alex Feeney played well at the top of the order, but Blue fought back into the game with a concerted spin-based effort to limit Green to 210. With 334 needed for victory and the better part of 2 days available, the Blues still counted themselves in the game.

Rob Timewell quickly changed that. The man traded for Cloete pre-season, Timewell knocked over the first 5 batsmen and left the Blues absolutely stunned at 25/5. He then surrendered the acclaim to Cunningham and Weber and they ensured just two players reached double figures.

Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 338 all out
Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 215 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 210 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 62 all out
Cricket Web Green won by 271 runs.

Man of the Match: R Timewell

CW Black v CW Red
at the CW Oval

A keenly anticipated contest between Red and Black certainly lived up to expectations. Indeed there was fight up until the final hour with both teams displaying purpose and courage. Ultimately the Reds hung on at 247/6 chasing a target of 349 runs off 100 overs.

Dave Richards' Blacks decided to bat first after winning the toss on a solid surface at the CW Oval. Whilst debutant Loc was an early casualty (following a period of uncertainty at the crease), the batsmen ultimately vincated the decision. Darren Dub-Lynch set the pace at the top of the order, Blackman held steady at 3, then Kearsley continued to establish himself as a premiere batsman with another unbeaten innings. Mike Wilson and Callum Thompson also stroked the ball nicely down the order. Once more Kearsley chased a century, but was left stranded a couple strokes away.

The Red turn at the crease was quickly set back with Iyer's dismissal, but Mørk and Stedman dropped anchor for a good recovery. Both men got fifties and set the platform, as Dauth, Dobson, Whelan and Bennett contributed solidly. Bennett helped reduce a potential 100+ Black first innings lead to 76.

In their second turn at the crease Black set about to score 272/6, due middle order acceleration following a steady start. Kearsley once again anchored the innings and allowed Mohammed and Hing to play more aggressive knocks. Hing continued his golden form with an unbeaten half-century, denied his hundred by the declaration.

The Blacks took to the field with 10 overs left on day four and sought to dislodge wickets before the close. The gamble paid off, and both openers were back in the hut by stumps. Nightwatchman Kennett resumed with Dauth on the final day and it proved a true exercise in frustration for the visitors.

A clear four chances were missed off Dauth, whilst three catches were dropped off Dobson and both men registered crucial half-centuries. Andre Maddocks then put his experience to work and batted alongside Tim Whelan to the close.

Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 360 all out
Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 284 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 272 for 6 dec.
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 247 for 6
Test Match Drawn.

Man of the Match: DA Kearsley

Attachments

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Well well, who will be footing the bill for the fire brigade to come and put timewell out after the the match?

Our side is really starting to click and everyone is putting in 110% in the matches and at training, although the blues were missing their two best bowlers it is still a huge result for us to get a win of this size after the start we had. Keep up the effort everyone.

David

International 12th Man
well played to force the draw Reds...

I really have to start bowling well now in these critical games...

David

International 12th Man
Catches really letting us down unfortunately :( Will have to pick it up in the field!

Simon

FFS, whats happening this season, our whole team is woeful, too many net sessions i think, i feel we need to spend more time doing team bonding, we'll try an all nighter at the local on friday i think...