• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
David said:
well played to force the draw Reds...

I really have to start bowling well now in these critical games...
You and me both.

Good game Reds. That is a much better performance than what we have been showing. I always said a change was around the corner. We can take a lot of positives out of this match and march forward this season.

Well done guys.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
kears_falcon_9 said:
Good game there blacks with some good fighting effort all through out the match. Pity we couldnt roll them in that last innings to make the game even better. For the 2nd time this season i have been left stranded not out in the 90's (97 and 95). And although i also made a 50 in the second innings both innigns were at very slow rates... so u may blame my slowness (likended to Hakon Mork) for the chance not to bowl the reds out. well played and lets keep it going.
Removing both openers at the end of the 2nd last day should have ensured your victory. Perhaps the Black's underestimated our ability to fight. Given both teams form you should have easily wrapped up the game.

Have a good look at yourself.

Platinum

Cricket Spectator
scores of 2 + 35 for me, be patient Blacks I'll be ready soon

Good bowling performance in the first innings..
Congrats to kearsley for the MOTM and a unlucky what couldve been 100 95*

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Platinum said:
scores of 2 + 35 for me, be patient Blacks I'll be ready soon

Good bowling performance in the first innings..
Congrats to kearsley for the MOTM and a unlucky what couldve been 100 95*
i think your safe for a while mate, we dont have any real openers other than you and had been making do with just all rounders opening.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Disappointed not to finish the job having had Red 15/3 early on the final day - don't blame yourself Dave, every team needs an anchor - without your sticking around there might have been another collapse and Red chasing a much, much smaller target.

Anyway, a couple of hours' catching practice tomorrow...

biased indian

International Coach
H. Mørk ---------50 229 3 1

that fifty include 18 runs from 4 balls

so it 32 from 225 but it helped to save the game for reds!!

Don

State Vice-Captain
great win lads now back to training.(see waht an allround training progam does for a team.)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
BlackCap_Fan said:
Yep.

That is, without a doubt, the poorest 4th innings (2nd innings wasn't spectacular either) peformance in CW history.
Literally. Beats the Greens' 63 v Blue at Cairns.

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW Blue XI v Green

SJ Fitzsimmons (C)
RGEWS Cribb
MW de Silva
A Crampton
BL Wilshere
SE Fuller
D Jellett +
SC Popat
MP Phillips
NL Patrick
TJ Demeza

12th Man: R Harris

Mr Mxyzptlk

Wednesday 2nd February

CW Red v CW Black
at the SCG

Sean Bennett seemingly came of age, as the Reds took victory to continue their rivalry with the Blacks. Bennett was in classic form in stroking his maiden OD fifty and looked good for a century before getting bogged down in the 80s and cutting to backward point.

For Black, Mike Wilson starred with the ball again. He and skipper Richards bowled with superb control to pull things back after a fierce start by Bennett and fellow half-centurian, Rob Dauth. Indeed, after being at 153/2 after 30 overs, the Reds only reached their eventual 235/6 due to the big hitting of Andre Maddocks in the last over by Bhatia, which was 17 runs large.

In chasing Black lost Loc early and Wilson and Blackman were forced to repair. The two batted assuredly and comfortably, ticking the total along at just over 4 an over for a partnership of 127. From that solid platform, Blackman was first out, caught in the deep by Bennett off Borcich for a solid half-century.

He left a mature Mike Wilson at the crease, but acceration was difficult against a tight spell of 10-0-40-0 by Bennett. The real spin hero, however, was Chris Law. After David Kennett removed Kearsley and Hing, Law found the Blacks stumbling against his flat spin as they attempted to keep up with an escalating required rate. Law finished with 4 wickets and Red held strong for victory by 8 runs.

Man of the Match: MW Wilson

CW Green v CW Blue
at the PDV Dome

CW Blue stumbled from a strong position with the ball to lose by 16 runs to the Greens, bowled out for 218 chasing 235 for victory. Andrew Garven won the toss and chose to bat first, but Cricket Web Green slipped to 186/9, then the lack of killer instict in the Blue bowling attack showed up once again.

Bryce Cunningham batted intelligently with number 11 Rob Timewell to add an ubeaten 48 runs for the last wicket. All the Blue bowlers were good, especially Nath "Harmison" Patrick, though he was hurt by a 16-run final over. Travis Demeza was extremely impressive too, taking a career best of 3/48.

In chasing, Blue received a solid start. The opening partnership was 52, but that would simply flatter to deceive. The three Green spin options dismantled the Blue batting as they were out to attacking shots whilst trying to increase the scoring rate. Phillips and Patrick tried their best at a Browne/Bradshaw immitation at the end, but it was too little too late.

Man of the Match: R Timewell

Attachments

steds

Hall of Fame Member
YEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Great win Reds :D We are unstoppable :D

Was it Håkon who said summat about Law and Dauth firing? He sees the future! :-O

GO REDS!!!

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Man of the Match: MW Wilson
WHAT?!?! FIX!!!!!!! :p

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Delkap Suffers Season-Ender

In two completely unrelated sand sledding incidents, Delkap and Anthony Lezama have suffered major injuries. Delkap is out or the season, whilst Lezama will miss 26 game days.

Delkap suffered a broken leg, fractured in 12 places, whilst Lezama has torn his knee ligaments. No response as to the devastation of the respective clubs as of yet.

Don

State Vice-Captain
well let me tell u something this thing bloody hurts moving my knee is very painful but if im back early im gonna be making up all the runs that i should have been getting.

Last edited:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Green camp in shock

The entire of the Green squad is in shock following the news of Anthony Lezama's injury. Captain Andrew Garven was clearly devestated as he left the team physio. "This is a massive blow to the side, Anthony has been working very hard and for mine was coming into some very good form. it will be a big task for the rest of the team to rally and fill the gap hes left."

When asked about recently dropped keeper Jamee Garven responded "Jamee has to pick up his glovework, he has dropped alot of catches so far this season. i have full confidence that he will be able to though, hes been working very hard at training, all the elements are there, he just has to bring in together in games."

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Another good team effort from green. we started poorly with noone really standing up with the bat. myself, Lezama, Rai and Sajith all getting out in the 20's. we really need to build on those and turn them into 50's and 100's. Bryce batted well with the tail however making a solid 46* to get us to a competitive score of 234.

Blue batted well early with a 52 run opening stand. wickets fell pretty regularly after that, Timewell was economic as ever bowling 9.3 overs 2/34, with Rai, Feeney and Weber also picking up 2 wickets each.

Lets keep building up momentum and keep this winning streak going

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Well, another disappointing loss from a game we SHOULD have won. The bowling was great from the start, with Demeza and Phillips taking early wickets, and then Popat and myself keeping it tight in the middle over before some more wickets fell. The point in the game that really hurt us was the last wicket stand of 48 off 41, which could easily have been averted if I held my catch off Cunningham when he was on 18.

The batting failed once again chasing a modest target, as we got off to good start but couldn't form partnerships in the middle order. Despite a good performance with the ball, my woeful lack of form with the bat in one dayers continues. Since my unbeaten half century in the warm-ups I really haven't done enough in that department.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Well done Reds!!! Good batting by Steds and bowling by Hoggy (2/36) and Law!

This is hopefully a change in our fortunes!! :D :p