• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Ferd

U19 Vice-Captain
Well done Blacks, Kearsley, Hing and Delkap in particular. Pity we couldn't finish them off but we were definatly the better side.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Decent result against Blacks, but we can do better and we will do better.

GO REDS!!!

Wally West

School Boy/Girl Captain
Match against the reds looked good i didn't expect a Draw though, the first time i saw a drawn match out of all the games i've seen played so far.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Good match, pity it turned out to be a draw! Again i fall short of my first century :( and also bad luckyo Kearsley- greating batting and unlucky there :(

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Well, that was a really awful performance. We had a few decent showings from the two FC debutants in Harris and Demeza, and Sudeep Popat also bowled quite well, but aside from that we were truly hopeless. Personally, I failed with the bat twice and bowled without penetration, not to mention putting down a pair of catches in the first innings.

We're back to the PDV Dome after this, let's hope we can turn our season around at home.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Yep.

That is, without a doubt, the poorest 4th innings (2nd innings wasn't spectacular either) peformance in CW history.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
FaaipDeOiad said:
Well, that was a really awful performance. We had a few decent showings from the two FC debutants in Harris and Demeza, and Sudeep Popat also bowled quite well, but aside from that we were truly hopeless. Personally, I failed with the bat twice and bowled without penetration, not to mention putting down a pair of catches in the first innings.

We're back to the PDV Dome after this, let's hope we can turn our season around at home.
:( I know I didn't bowl well, but 4/99 isn't 'truly hopeless' in my book, and i was not out in both innings (though I only made 0* and 1* :p). Personally I thought the bowling was decent considering we were missing Patrick and Halsey, but the batting was woeful. It looked like the batting had clicked in the last couple of games, but 62 all out... :(. Need to pick it up again.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
:( I know I didn't bowl well, but 4/99 isn't 'truly hopeless' in my book, and i was not out in both innings (though I only made 0* and 1* :p). Personally I thought the bowling was decent considering we were missing Patrick and Halsey, but the batting was woeful. It looked like the batting had clicked in the last couple of games, but 62 all out... :(. Need to pick it up again.
No, the bowling wasn't all that bad, but it wasn't that great either. The debutants were promising and the rest of us were decent, but we have to do much better if we are going to win FC games. And, when we did put in a good spell and put the Greens under pressure, we started putting down catches. Definately not good enough.

RigorMortis

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Adamc said:
I didn't think I bowled that well, most of the wickets I took were tailenders, plus I did drop three catches...Butterfingers strikes!!

Travis_Teh

International Regular
That game could have been, but wasn't.
What ultimately let us down was our fielding.

WIth five dropped catches in the first innings and six in the second innings....what can you expect?
If you drop that many chances, your team morale would be not very high.

Dissappointed yet also happy with my debut, 2-82 and 0-45 so could have been more if it wasn't for the 4 dropped catches and poor umpiring ;)

I'd also like to thank my batting coach, for helping me make a golden pair of debut!

Need more aggression!

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Good game there blacks with some good fighting effort all through out the match. Pity we couldnt roll them in that last innings to make the game even better. For the 2nd time this season i have been left stranded not out in the 90's (97 and 95). And although i also made a 50 in the second innings both innigns were at very slow rates... so u may blame my slowness (likended to Hakon Mork) for the chance not to bowl the reds out. well played and lets keep it going.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
doh! Bluuuueeeeessssss!!!! collapses like that aint cool! ah well, lets not let it happen again :)

the swelling has stopped :) :p

Dydl

International Debutant
I got 75 runs and 1 catch in that match? At least I had one good innings with the bat.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
kears_falcon_9 said:
Good game there blacks with some good fighting effort all through out the match. Pity we couldnt roll them in that last innings to make the game even better. For the 2nd time this season i have been left stranded not out in the 90's (97 and 95). And although i also made a 50 in the second innings both innigns were at very slow rates... so u may blame my slowness (likended to Hakon Mork) for the chance not to bowl the reds out. well played and lets keep it going.
So modest...
:-O :dry:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
kears_falcon_9 said:
Good game there blacks with some good fighting effort all through out the match. Pity we couldnt roll them in that last innings to make the game even better.
To be fair you were a long way from "rolling us out" once we got Kenny and Rob together - and in the end we drew the game quite comfortably.

Another cracker from our Moerk-like nightwatchman.