• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Monday 31st January

CW Blue v CW Black
at the SCG

In a tense finish, Black stole victory from the grasp of Blue due to a wonderful innings from allrounder Hing. The result left the Blues somewhat downcast, as they witnessed the game slipping away in the late overs.

Blue was inserted on the SCG pitch and made a good show of the opportunity, with Crampton and Popat starring with the bat after a middle order collapse. The work at the top was done well by de Silva yet again. The ultimate score of 273 all out looked good when debutant Loc was dimissed first ball by the returning Adam Collins.

Mike Wilson kept the runs flowing though, even as he lost partners consistently and Black was 96/5 in the 17th over when he was bowled by Halsey. Dubb-Lynch joined Hing and the two batted purposefully for a half-century stand, but the latter was followed quickly by Thompson in dismissal and the score read 181/7.

Experience Sangrah Bhatia joined Hing and rotated the strike whilst Hing attacked the Blue bowling. Fuller found a thin top-edge to send Hing back just short of his century, but it proved too late, and Delkap hit the winning boundary with a ball to spare.

Man of the Match: RJ Hing

CW Red v CW Green
at the CWBCC Stadium

Continuing their mini-revival, the Greens moved to a well-played win over CW Red in front of their home crowd. Nathan Hoy took 4 wickets and Timewell 2, as the Reds were pegged back from a solid platform of 179/4. Dobson, Maddocks and Stedman all featured well earlier in the innings, but the unlikely star of the latter half was none other than Håkon Mørk.

The Norwegian wicketkeeper cast his OD doubts aside and hit 3 fours and 1 six in a busy half-century - the 4th of his career. Red got to 223 all out and set out to see if that would be enough.

Early wickets fell in the Green chase, then Walsh, Lezama and Feeney played well in the middle order. The score was 158/4 after 35 overs and the game well poised. Rai injected some urgency into the chase with a cameo, but it was Sajith's unbeaten innings which guided the Greens home. Nathan Hoy was also unbeaten in the end, doing his part in a 31-run stand with Sajith.

Defeat, despite Red captain Kyle Wright taking 3 wickets in an economical 10 overs.

Man of the Match: NS Hoy

Attachments

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Disapointing Reds. That was a close loss and well fought. There were some great individual performances, however we didn't work as a team. We still lack that player to bat around, that is something we REALLY need to work on. We are showing some signs of improvement, and it is too early to start to worry. I probably didn't rotate the bowlers well enough.

Heads up people.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Even in the darkest hour, hope is always at hand. There's an Albus Dumbledore quote somewhere I want to use here, but I can't think of it right now...

Up the Blacks!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Well not only has Blue lost, but now we must endure Neil's Potter obsession. Dark hour indeed. :(

Chins up. :mellow:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Solid win for green, All the bowlers contributed, Hoy took some stick but came back and took 4 wickets, Cunningham, weber and Rai all picked up 1, Feeney bowled with good economy and Timewell picked up 2 wickets with good economy :)

The Middle order batted well to see us home pretty comfortably in the end with a couple of overs to spare :)

certainly a great improvement on ther last time we played red, but we wtill have alot of work to do to reach the top of the table, lets keep the momentum going :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Beer Benches Halsey

Legspinner Tom Halsey will miss the next three game days for Cricket Web Blue after he sprained his wrist in a drunken incident. Drowning his sorrows after the Blue loss to Black, Halsey punched a wall and found that he was the one hurting, not the concrete.

Luckily, the wrist is just sprained and not broken, at least according to Neil Pickup's physician.

SupaFreak2005

International Vice-Captain
And Green wins again! And we got our revenge against Reds....
I wonder if a certain somebody has anything to say? :D

David

International 12th Man
unlucky Red, good bowling there Wrighty, sorry I couldn't help you more :( Didn't realise I was even in consideration for the OD'ers...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Legspinner Tom Halsey will miss the next three game days for Cricket Web Blue after he sprained his wrist in a drunken incident. Drowning his sorrows after the Blue loss to Black, Halsey punched a wall and found that he was the one hurting, not the concrete.
Is drinking allowed at Halsey's age? No breaking of laws there I hope. :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
SupaFreak2005 said:
Well played - it could've gone either way, but your batsmen kept their cool and carried you over the line.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
who'd serve Halsey?!? He's hardly big enough to see over the bar...bit of a giveaway to his age :p

Last edited:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
SupaFreak2005 said:
*looks up at sky*
*blames weather*

*looks down at feet*
*blames pitch*

*looks at umpire walking past*
*blames umpires*

*looks at Green dressing room*
*suggests Greens are on performance enhancing drugs*

*mumble*well played green*/mumble*

Come on Red, slight hiccup but we'll pick our form back up again

GO REDS!!!!!!!!!

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Very close win for us, but a very important win for our season. Both teams had fairly similar games with the top order of each just about all getting starts. Lets keep the good form up guys!

Don

State Vice-Captain
yes green we win again now stop the bloody rejoicing and get ur posterior's back in the nets.bummed about missing another 50 damn.well played lads.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Well done greens..

Liam, have you readjusted my averages at all? :-O. Not that I'm accusing you of anything, just I can't my horrible form slump :(

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Terrible loss. We had them seven down with 93 to get, and at one point for the required rate up to nearly 7 and still couldn't finish them off. Some great batting from De Silva, Crampton and Popat and some good bowling from Halsey as usual, but we need to do more if we are going to beat the best sides.

Congratulations also to Hing on his top innings for the Blacks. Well played.