• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Good win Reds, nice to see solid contributions at the top of the order as our bowlers once again showed their class. Its 3 from 4 for the redsnow, keep it up fellas.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
That loss shouldn't do too much damage to our confidence, wasn't such a bad performance, and a few of our guys had great games. Still looking good for the rest of the season.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Friday 28th January

CW Red v CW Green
at the CWBCC Stadium

Indications that CWBCC Stadium toss may be the most influential of any this season, CW Green was made to feel in the two-facedness of its own pitch. Kyle Wright won the toss and elected to take first strike on a belter of a wicket. With the wonderful strokeplay of Rob Dauth proving the basis for a huge score, almost all the batsmen got in.

Stedman and Dobson contributed maiden FC half-centuries, whilst Mørk played another solid innings at the top. Frustrated in the field, the Greens then found themselves batting with 4 overs remaining on day four in overcast conditions. A wicket fell before the close and the third day pitch looked a far cry from what the Red batted on.

Indeed, the wickets tumbled on a surface with inconsistent bounce and several cracks. Purposeful innings by Sajith and Gray were not enough and debutant Borcich got the ball in the right areas often enough to start his career with 9 wickets.

Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 411 for 7 dec.
Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 132 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings Following On 136 all out
Cricket Web Red won by an Innings and 143 runs.

CW Blue v CW Black
at the SCG

Despite a topscoring effort from the nightwatchman Tom Halsey, Cricket Web Blue could not prevent yet another crushing 5D defeat at the start of this season. Collapsing at will against the rookie bowlers of CW Black, the commitment was once again lacking from last season's 5D champions.

Yet the batting was not the only problem, and Black maximized upon some inconsistent bowling and sloppy fielding to escape from the potential danger of 5/2 to a 180-run 1st innings lead at 329 all out. The front line bowlers struggled for penetration and were frustratingly met with poor fielding when the good deliveries were produced.

David Kearsley advanced calmly to his second career FC century, captain Richards sticking around long enough on this occasion to see him to the milestone. Batting a second time, early wickets found Tom Halsey at the crease near the close of the second day and he batted resolutely throughout most of the Blue innings for a career-best, whilst the spin of Black collapsed the more established batsmen around him.

Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 139 all out
Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 329 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 180 all out
Cricket Web Black won by an Innings and 10 runs.

Attachments

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Shocking performance from us. Shocking batting aside from Halsey, average bowling and a poor effort in the field. My performance was well down on what I have done recently, getting out cheaply twice, doing nothing with the ball and dropping a catch. I'll be hitting the nets this week in an attempt to retain my place in the squad.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FaaipDeOiad said:
Shocking performance from us. Shocking batting aside from Halsey, average bowling and a poor effort in the field. My performance was well down on what I have done recently, getting out cheaply twice, doing nothing with the ball and dropping a catch. I'll be hitting the nets this week in an attempt to retain my place in the squad.
Don't worry. With the state of Blue cricket atm, we can't afford to drop you.

People need to step up...

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Great game by the Blacks showing that we are the strongest team going around. Absolutly great bowling by the team in both innings and undoubtably the best spell ive seen for a while by Mohammed in the first innings. On a personal level delited with my 2 FC century. Also great batting by Dave Richards at number 10. Best 45 ive seen for a while. :) Well played Blacks

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
haha thats just pathetic...
what else can you say? Cloete!! Your team needs you!! :D

Average bowling effort and a pathetic batting one. Shmeh.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Well done reds great performance with bat and ball.

A victory over Greens is as sweet as they come and even sweeter Garvens performance of 1 and 0.

Special mention to Rob Dauth for his knock of 150, Moerk for the solid 50 at the top (See Kyle :p), also to Dave Kennett who was the perfect nightwatchman and stuck around in his innings of 1(53). Finally to Bennett, who seems to be finding another gear with his bowling of late - 3/26 from 19 and 1/15 from 16, gotta be loving that economy.

Even more pleasing was the Borcich debut, 9 wickets at a good econ, congrats Nick.

Last edited:

Hoggy31

International Captain
Well done Reds, we batted well. Dauth batted excellently for 153, and good innings from Dobson and Moerk,
Good bowling by everyone, we took wickets and kept it tight. GO REDS!!!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tremendous effort Reds! That is the most pleasing win of the season yet. Excellent performances from our rookies. I'm really glad someone went on to get a big score and lay the platform for the innings. Once we had demorilised them with the bat, it was all too easy. Always great to see Garven go cheaply - where were those 2nd ball sixes? GONZA!

These are real positive signs for the rest of the season.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
hehe always makes it so personal. lol, while we all ofcourse do our best some people need to remember that its just a game.