• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
It is the same as that yes - but by putting it like that we avoided someone waying "we were bowled out for 160 in 30 overs, so our run rate is over 5"
Ahh yes, I didn't think of that. Well, I'd assume Liam would know that net run rate is calculated as if every team batted for 50 overs anyway.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bowling issues, so Demeza comes in for his debut. Aside from that, the batting remains the same more or less due to the desire to build on what was a good performance last game.

CW Blue
SJ Fitzsimmons *
RGEWS Cribb
MW de Silva
A Crampton
D Jellett +
SC Popat
SE Fuller
MP Phillips
TC Halsey
NL Patrick
TJ Demeza

12th Man: DP Tucker

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thursday 27th January

CW Blue v CW Green
at the CWBCC Stadium

A spinning track and damp conditions. Fitzsimmons won the toss and had no hesitation in inserting Green. Against the pace and movement of Patrick, the top order struggled and Demeza claimed his maiden OD wicket - Rai caught at 2nd slip.

All the Blue bowlers were superb, but Tom Halsey maximized the spinning conditions in the middle overs and ripped took wickets at opportune times. In the chase, Blue had few problems as weather conditions improved and the pitch flattened out consequently. A quality stint at the crease from Cribb resulted in a maiden OD half-century and de Silva hung in solidly in support.

Man of the Match: TC Halsey

CW Black v CW Red
at the CW Oval

A classic contest between the two form teams in the tournament, CW Black had their bragging rights revoked as Red took revenge in the OD meeting. In perfect batting contions, Black won the toss and batted first. The outstanding Red bowling strangled Hing at the top and he ultimately got himself out to break an opening stand of 61.

Mike Wilson continued though and, with the help of some solid middle order performances, Black pushed on to 231/7. Once again Borcich was very impressive with the ball to lead the attack. In reply, a partnership of 81 for the second wicket was crucial and the youth movement of Red paid its dues again. Dobson scored his second OD fifty in the second OD match of his career, but quick wickets nearing the end put the result in doubt.

Amit Shukla and Kyle Wright were made to see the innings home, which they did impressively.

Man of the Match: NA Borcich

Attachments

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Good bowling fellas. Not easy to restrict a team to around 230. And batting too so many people chipped in with the 30s and 40s. Super team effort. :)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Well, not so good lads, but teh important thing now is to see how we react to the defeat, we certainly weren't disgraced, just 20 runs short and we didn't bowl quite well enough, Wilson did well with the bat and Thompson bowled well.

Chins up!

Hoggy31

International Captain
Awesome win, to come back from the heavy defeat in the 5day, good performances with the ball by Wright and Law, very happy with my bowling and the MOTM, nice fifty by Dobson with the bat and good performance by everyone again. GO REDS!!!!!!!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Absolutely fantastic performance from our boys. The bowling was simply brilliant, with everybody doing a good job, and Hasley destroying the Greens when he got his chance. The batting was top quality in difficult conditions, and it was nice to not even have to pad up this time around. Great to experience victory at this level for the first time.

Hopefully this is the start of a good run.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Brilliant display by the Reds to gain revenge for defeat to Black in the longer version. Well done lads. :)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
FaaipDeOiad said:
Absolutely fantastic performance from our boys. The bowling was simply brilliant, with everybody doing a good job, and Hasley destroying the Greens when he got his chance. The batting was top quality in difficult conditions, and it was nice to not even have to pad up this time around. Great to experience victory at this level for the first time.

Hopefully this is the start of a good run.
I was watching the match from the stands and Patrick was the key bowler for you guys according to me. Took two quick wickets to put the opposition on the back foot right from the word go.

Top effort from a team which has so much potential but had under performed till now.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
I was watching the match from the stands and Patrick was the key bowler for you guys according to me. Took two quick wickets to put the opposition on the back foot right from the word go.

Top effort from a team which has so much potential but had under performed till now.
Yep, the early wickets were key. Demeza grabbed a big one in the fourth over as well to have them 3/13. There was also a key run-out when they were recovering quite well with the fifth wicket stand, then Halsey came on when they were 6 down and did the rest of the work.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Another poor perfromance there guys, unfortunatley all of us seem to be struggling at the same time :( 2 golden ducks and 3 single figure scores. The 2 of us that did get starts up the order failed to capitalise :( Solid work by Hoy and Timewell down the order to get us to where we got to.

The bowling wasn't at its best either and unfortunatley they got well away from us.

We need to hit the nets with a vengance, both bowlers and batsmen need to find form. lets show this league what we are made of.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Bloody disappointing. We lose 10 wickets in 35 overs, but can only take one wicket in 29.1 overs. Not good enough. Let's step it up next game, guys.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Good match and good revenge. Pleased with my one-day form, even though I gave my wicket away near the end - that was tactical, I wanted better sloggers to make us reach the target ;)

cbuts

International Debutant
FaaipDeOiad said:
I think the actual calculation for bonus points is 125% of opposition run rate over 50 overs. That works out the same way Liam put it though. ;)

The net run rates with scores of 200 and 159 would be 4 and 3.18, and 4/3.18*100=125.79, so the bonus point is awarded. With a score of 250 the bonus point target would be 199, with 300 it would be 239 etc.
easiest way to wlrk it out is 4/5. if you can keep them below 4/5 of our score you get the bonus point. if you can get thier score in 4/5 of the time you get the bonus point. pretty easy really

Don

State Vice-Captain
i for one will be the first one to the nets and the last one to leave so load up the bowling machine and bowlers get ur arms and legs ready for a looooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnng day in the nets

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
The outstanding Red bowling strangled Hing at the top and he ultimately got himself out to break an opening stand of 61.
OUCH, really poor batting by myself, i need to pick up one day form. Don't worry team, only one loss

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great win Reds! Once again a tremendous team effort without our international players. Our strength is our bowling and we showed that again. The Blacks would have been confident after their 4 day win, and we never let any batsman get on top of us, nor did we allow a large partnership to develop. I'm happy that every batsman is contributing in the order, but we really need someone to see us through with a big innings - but that will come from experience. Our rookies have been impressive, keep it up fellas.