• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wednesday 26th January

CW Red v CW Black
at the SCG

A batsman's tale. The explosive Black batting did the trick in the end. After a patient Black showing on the first day, marked by lovely innings from Dubb-Lynch and Blackman, the Reds fought back into the game behind a hard-working 7-fer by Kennett. In turn the Reds started their response solidly.

Alas, the quick loss of two key middle order wickets was a massive setback and despite a counterattacking knock from Whelan down the lineup, the Blacks claimed a substantial lead. With that lead the batsmen set about to pound the Reds bowlers into the ground.

Attacking strokeplay was partnered by calm defence and the front-liners were frustrated and weary when all was said and done. Black captain Richards just failig to see Kearsley to a century. Credit to young Bennett, who bowled bravely and purposefully to finish with a maiden 5-wicket haul.

The Red chase was anythig but epic on a wearing track. Inconsistent bounce plagued the batsmen throughout and, if not for the staunch concentration of Mørk and Maddocks, the margin of defeat may well have been larger. Mørk was last out to a creeper from Bhatia.

Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 358 all out
Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 254 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 381 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 136 all out
Cricket Web Black won by 349 runs.

Man of the Match: DY Dubb-Lynch

CW Green v CW Blue
at the PDV Dome

The return of Craig Walsh and an obvious confidence boost for Green, as the Blues continued their losing streak. The tone was set by some a concerted bowling effort by the Green seamers and the Blue batting failed again.

Then Walsh set the tone at the top, Feeney in the middle, then Cunningham at the bottom of the order, as Green powered on to a first innings lead. Staring another heavy defeat, the Blues started poorly in their second stride. The experience, Fitzsimmons and Young were out early and though the middle order tried to hang in defiantly, it was once again just Fuller who got the results.

The 113 needed for Green victory was never going to be defended by Blue, but Walsh and Rose ensured there would be absolutely no worries. For the second time in the match a good opening stand was featured for the visitors.

Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 239 all out
Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 376 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 249 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 113 for 1
Cricket Web Green won by 9 wkts.

Man of the Match: BC Cunningham

Attachments

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Disapointing Reds. However, let's not take too much negativity away from this game. It was always going to be tough after losing the toss on a belter, but to restrict the Blacks to under 400. Special mention to Kennett - great bowling.

Our batsman should have done better on that pitch, but it was always going to be tough with inexperience in the middle order.

Well done to Bennett in the 2nd bowling innings.

We have had a good start to the season, it is always going to be hard with so many experienced players playing internationals, but we can take some heart out of this performance. Hard work this week a training this week should see us back in the winner's circle.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Argh. Six drops - count them - and one catch. That is absolutely unacceptable. Dropped Mohammed on his way to 43, Blackman on 0 looking to ram it home, Dubb-Lynch on his way to 37, Hing on 28...:(

Anyone willing to give me some outside edges?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Another disappointing loss for the Blues. Once again, we bowled fairly well (although not quite as well as the earlier games) but failed to show any resiliance with the bat.

Happy with my own form, top scoring in both innings and getting a couple of wickets and a catch. Still, I'd trade it for a pair and a team win. Also a little disappointing to get run out again, I'll have to work on that a bit since it was my downfall last game as well.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Reds, don't worry - a 7/73 by Kennett in the first innings and 5/66 by Steds (Bennetts) in the second innings is very good, a collapse, a lack of concentration..

Very disappointed at my 5 and 4...

David

International 12th Man
Ouch!

Oh well, plenty of season left, great second innings bowling by Steds, sure is hard seeing who got what with both of us bowling :P

I got a pair :( Stuck on 499 FC runs :S

steds

Hall of Fame Member
David said:
I echo that brilliant summary :( :cry:

David said:
great second innings bowling by Steds
Thankyou.
Note how my mastery of the flipper got me all 5 LBW ;)
David said:
sure is hard seeing who got what with both of us bowling
That's true. Maybe we should join together into one super bowler :p

We'll bounce back. This is just a minor setback in what looks to be a golden year in the making...
GO REDS!!!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Another superb display Blacks, generally great performances all over the park but special mentions to Dubb-Lynch, Blackman and Kears with the bat and great bowling in both innings from Sangrah.

I can only apologise to Kears for getting out on him, but at least my batting was a little improved. And im quite happy to keep performing the Gilo role with the ball if we are going to keep destroying teams as comprehensively as this :p

Awesome stuff, lets keep it up

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bonus Point System for this season

If a side is chasing, it needs to win the game in 40 overs to get the bonus point.
If batting first, it needs to win the game by more than 20% of their score (ie if they score 200, have to get the opposition out for max 159).

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Superb win, set up from the start with great bowling from the 3 quick men restricting them to 239 was brilliant. superb economy from Weber conceeding just 41 from 20 overs in there too. Just about everyone did well with the bat, Walsh, Feeney and Cunningham all passing 50 and Rai falling just short of that, the total of 376 was always gonna be too good for them as the fast trio rolled them again with weber having a very economic spell again :) Rose and Walsh had a nice partnership almost taking the match alone, rose unluckily fell just before the end :(.

Great first win of the season, lets really look top build on that and get on a run of wins :)

Don

State Vice-Captain
U SEE GREENS the 24th century technology is working.and when u combine that with hard net practice and good fielding practice and some good classroom work we can do very well so back to training hard.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Lets' keep it up boys.Hopefully us CWXI guys will better our results.Crap.Another Rose.I'm much better though.