• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of India 2024

sayon basak

International 12th Man
Wondering what India's plans will be. Surely they are not going for a win and maybe will be looking forward to batting as long as they can.

Moss

International Captain
One of the best visiting innings in India of late for sure. Match situation was relatively comfortable but India’s attack were moving in for the kill. Tremendous stuff Rachin! That’s hundreds on both his Bangalore test and ODI debuts I think? His old man (from the region) must be proud.

This is opening the floodgates I know, but O’Rourke’s build is so much more apparent seeing him live. Should be fun watching him bowl.

sayon basak

International 12th Man
I was reading the other day that Dravid and Tendulkar's parents called their boys Rahul and Sachin because they heard the futurecricketing GOAT with a similar name would be born many years later in Wellington.
Superstition is a big thing in the subcontinent. Hope this doesn't come true.

thundaboult

International Debutant
hmm, reminds me of kane back in the day where he scored runs freely against top quality attacks...admirable urgency to move the game along, impose himself on the bowling

thats high class stuff ravindra

Spark

Global Moderator
Two slips plus a gully and no third man. Surely you can afford to be more attacking with this lead.
Nah you generally want a pretty normal fields here, not because of the scoreboard but because bowlers can bowl too defensively if they don't feel they have enough protection.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That was Southee's 2nd longest Test innings @73 balls. Previously, his longest innings was 56 off 82 balls vs. Pakistan at Hamilton in 2011 and 2nd longest was 38 off 68 vs. India at Nagpur in 2010.

Who was it who said Southee would benefit from a rocket up the arse before the start of this test? Might start calling you Nostradamus.