• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of India 2024

Moss

International Captain
Disagree respectfully. Hasn't done anything since feb or march of 2023 iirc. That's more than 18 months of no performance. At this level its too much. Also its the very very basic catching/keeping errors. Its just scary to see those fumbles come into his game.
Yeah it’s a very lean trot but he’s had the misfortune of playing a glut of games on turning tracks (including back in NZ). I think he’ll be good for another couple of years with the next succesion of series, though it’s not an argument everyone will agree with. Meantime NZ should definitely have a replacement in mind but i would ease them in with white ball games first.

Do agree about the keeping standards though, they have fallen and could sway the selectors if Stead is inclined to think that way.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Horrible captaincy from Rohit letting the game drift away so easily. Zero fight.

Why didn't he bring Bumrah back around the 77-78th over? Bumrah only bowled 5 overs today. It makes no sense given he looked so threatening. Ashwin meanwhile was absolutely crap. Looked a shadow of a bowler. Maybe a sign that he doesn't have long left as a Test bowler.

Ravindra was next level. Too good against spin particularly Ashwin and Jadeja. India clearly have given up on the game now. If it's anything other than an innings defeat, it'd be very surprising.

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Re Blundell he needs a big series.

If there is a new coach for the series in Zimbabwe next year, I wouldn't be surprised if he dids eased out of the team

King Kane

International Regular
Rachin is an absolute breath of fresh air. Injects a shot of adrenaline into a lineup that can be joyless at times. Reminded of Taylor circa 2008-10 when he was just establishing himself (there was Ryder too but he was injured all the time).
Jesse Ryder was a wasted talent, literally, it wasn't just the injuries he also got wasted too much off the field, I don't think Rachin will waste his talent

He is one of the most talented young batsman I've seen play for NZ, up there with Martin Crowe, Ross Taylor and Kane Williamson. maybe even better.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah very much possible if forecast is to be believed . Wondering if Latham should now think of bowling again soon. Gotta back yourself with a 300 run lead.
Forecast for tomorrow isn't too bad, but yeah decent chance India will get away with this.

BeeGee

International Captain
Yeah very much possible if forecast is to be believed . Wondering if Latham should now think of bowling again soon. Gotta back yourself with a 300 run lead.
Yeah, time to get on with it. The new ball is still getting plenty of movement. Some quick boshing then ask some questions of the Indian batsmen.