• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So, like, in principle this is the best time to bat in these sorts of conditions. It's only going to get harder and harder to score from here...
I'm surprised they didn't attack the spinners more from the first ball like in the last test. Though Stokes has been immediately more proactive and perceptive with his field settings than Pope was.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm surprised they didn't attack the spinners more from the first ball like in the last test. Though Stokes has been immediately more proactive and perceptive with his field settings than Pope was.
This is why I brought up the possibility of a dead pudding pitch. I don't think the batsmen trust the bounce and pace enough to play their shots here.

Spark

Global Moderator
Okay this obviously happens a lot but in a situation like this with two spinners operating, set fields and not much scoring the degree to which batsmen are slowing down the game with endless nonsense reaaaally stands out.

Spark

Global Moderator
Sign of the pitch being a pudding there - long half volley, should easily have been put away, but wasn't timed well enough to go to the rope.