• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of India 2024

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
The issue was (in my eyes) that this conservative leadership group weren't prepared to back Patel on all surfaces. We couldn't find a guy who could do the dual role when required of being parsimonious but also having the potential of bowling us to 4th innings victories, we found one, then we didn't have the stones to stick with him.

In fact, how insipid they were was reflected in the fact he bowled two overs at a rampant Ben Stokes at Lord's, was a whisker away from bowling him but went for 22 off two overs, and hasn't played a non subcontinental Test in the 27 months since then.

Last edited:

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Ajaz took all ten in an innings against India.
In Mumbai red soil Turner. I remember Indians had a shocking batting line up against spin back then. Finished Pujara Rahane Saha Kohli's struggle vs left arm spin are well documented. India didn't even have a left hander.
Only 1 good player of spin in Mayank &, he basically won the test on his own.

the big bambino

International Captain
Well yes
In Mumbai red soil Turner. I remember Indians had a shocking batting line up against spin back then. Finished Pujara Rahane Saha Kohli's struggle vs left arm spin are well documented. India didn't even have a left hander.
Only 1 good player of spin in Mayank &, he basically won the test on his own.
Oh please. Indians bad players of spin now. Conveniently just for that match. You basically had the same batting line up the whole series - even when Ajaz struggled in the first 2 matches. If anything the last test was India's best side of the series.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not the one who believes a bowler with 70 wickets in 18 tests plus a 10fer is a shocking spin option. Sit down already you toilet.
Stfu. In the 1st Test in Perth, if it is a green seamer and India get bowled out for 60 and 150.

Meanwhile Aus get 350, but Bumrah takes all 10/120 after bowling 48 long overs, is that really a world class performance? if it takes him and India forever to dismiss Australia on that pitch.

Last edited:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Ajaz Patel bowled 48 overs himself to take his 10 wickets. India's innings lasted 110 overs.

For comparison, NZ's first innings only lasted 26 overs. It was that kind of pitch. Just because his fellow bowlers were absolutely terrible doesn't mean Ajaz Patel was world class. He was good. He got the wickets but after bowling for a long time. Someone has to end up with the wickets eventually if all the others are crap.

the big bambino

International Captain
Stfu. In the 1st Test in Perth, if it is a green seamer and India get bowled out for 60 and 150.

Meanwhile Aus get 350, but Bumrah takes all 10/120 after bowling 48 long overs, is that really a world class performance? if it takes him and India forever to dismiss Australia on that pitch.
Of course it would be. Daaah.

I see in a subsequent post you've upgraded Ajaz from shocking to good because you can't sustain your own argument against him. He is a good bowler and it was a world class performance. As long as NZ have him they have a slow bowling option.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, it is.
No it's not. India is getting bowled out 60 and 150. Pitch is like the one from cape town test earlier this year and Bumrah and his mates have conceded 350.

A bag of wickets doesn't automatically mean great performance if your performance relative to opposition and match situation is way off.

the big bambino

International Captain
I don't see why a world class day out from a perfectly ok bowler is so offensive.
Supporting your country or team is fine. Except when it gets to jingoism. I'm guessing that is the reason. When fans have to explain away a great performance against their team because it somehow offends them.