• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Nuts seam bowling side picked. I know we are short on choices in comparison to the last tour, but Woakes bowling overseas on a flatbed!

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Nuts seam bowling side picked. I know we are short on choices in comparison to the last tour, but Woakes bowling overseas on a flatbed!
You say short on choices, but I'm pretty certain the vast majority of us would've gone with Potts and Stone over Woakes and Carse. It's possible on this pitch it would've gone a similar way, but surely those 2 offer more wicket taking threat.

Carse currently with most economical figures largely because half his dross has been unplayable (and not in a good way).

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, one of those guys who looks really good but his test record is terrible

Chubb

International Regular
Have to be honest I think this game was over the moment Pakistan won the toss. England will not bat well after spending two days in 40c heat.

Mayhaps this is one of my moronic opinions but we’ll see.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
You say short on choices, but I'm pretty certain the vast majority of us would've gone with Potts and Stone over Woakes and Carse. It's possible on this pitch it would've gone a similar way, but surely those 2 offer more wicket taking threat.

Carse currently with most economical figures largely because half his dross has been unplayable (and not in a good way).
Isn't Stone missing this game because he's getting married? Potts I agree should have played, and certainly instead of Woakes. There are many very successful English seamers from county cricket who have been set up to fail when being asked to bowl in conditions that they simply won't thrive in. Woakes encapsulates this more than nearly everyone.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Isn't Stone missing this game because he's getting married? Potts I agree should have played, and certainly instead of Woakes. There are many very successful English seamers from county cricket who have been set up to fail when being asked to bowl in conditions that they simply won't thrive in. Woakes encapsulates this more than nearly everyone.
Oh yeah, forgot about the Stone marriage....which makes squad selection even madder.

Spark

Global Moderator
Have to be honest I think this game was over the moment Pakistan won the toss. England will not bat well after spending two days in 40c heat.

Mayhaps this is one of my moronic opinions but we’ll see.
Isn't this literally what happened last tour and they scored 550 in like three sessions?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Isn't this literally what happened last tour and they scored 550 in like three sessions?
The 500 in a day was batting first.

As a matter of fact looking up the scorecards from that series made me realise how impressive England's bowling effort was.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Not watching but looks like this is a road and eng bowling is clueless
Don't think too many of us were surprised. You have a mixture of either poor picks (Woakes and Carse probably) and overall a lack of experience and quality. We said a few weeks ago that this was chalk and cheese compared to the team that travelled two years ago.

govinda indian fan

State 12th Man
Don't think too many of us were surprised. You have a mixture of either poor picks (Woakes and Carse probably) and overall a lack of experience and quality. We said a few weeks ago that this was chalk and cheese compared to the team that travelled two years ago.
Missing wood badly