• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think Bashir has vastly more upside potential than Bess IMO (who admittedly I don't rate at all). He's worth persisting with for sure.
Only time I have seen Bess bowl, he was worse than me and I am 58 with a broken shoulder

Seem to remember some stat like he’s bowled more full tosses in test cricket history than any player of similar experience

Kenneth Viljoen

International Regular
Only time I have seen Bess bowl, he was worse than me and I am 58 with a broken shoulder

Seem to remember some stat like he’s bowled more full tosses in test cricket history than any player of similar experience
Let me get a better memory for you , here is Bess taking a fivefor in PE , South Africa

Spark

Global Moderator

That five for he got against SL is probably the worst I've ever seen

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
There still needs to be some degree of accuracy and pressure for a quintessential Pakistani collapse. England's control has been woeful.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year

Yeah, Bess was rubbish. It's probably not fair to examine Bashir too much today as this pitch is clearly offering very little and Pakistan have come out with a mindset to get after him. Having said that, Leach offering far more control.

Thala_0710

U19 Debutant
Only Leach and to an extent Atkinson have been able to exert any sort of control to the proceedings. Woakes being woakes, carse has some some pace but no accuracy or consistency yet and Bashir simply not good enough in these conditions. Pakistan should cash in against this weak attack and look for something in the region of 600.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Been a while since we had an overseas pro. Just this one ain't very good.
I believe Pews has a phrase for this......

It might be to Potts' advantage to have been left out on this pitch, but I fail to see how he wouldn't be a better option than either Woakes or Carse.

Reactions: FBU

social

Most times I watch cricket from Pakistan emphasises how good Imran, Waqar and Wasim were

Their pitches are generally like batting in India for the first session or so but never deteriorate

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Only Leach and to an extent Atkinson have been able to exert any sort of control to the proceedings. Woakes being woakes, carse has some some pace but no accuracy or consistency yet and Bashir simply not good enough in these conditions. Pakistan should cash in against this weak attack and look for something in the region of 600.
By close of play? Or by tea?

social

Yeah, Bess was rubbish. It's probably not fair to examine Bashir too much today as this pitch is clearly offering very little and Pakistan have come out with a mindset to get after him. Having said that, Leach offering far more control.
He’s only 20 as well which is ridiculously young

Shane Warne was on the booze in England at the same age and had hardly played a game in first grade club cricket

Silver Silva

International Regular
Yes bat till the opposition are begging for a declaration , then pick them off ..Flat subcontinent pitches it's all about crushing the opposition's hopes and wearing them down mentally.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Atkinson has at least shown that the short ball tactic can offer up some opportunities (unlike when Carse tried it), both bats been slightly lucky.