• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know that the Wallabies are under pressure but they can’t go a minute without making basic mistakes

ripper868

International Coach
Wallabies getting dudded on a few calls, but isn't the reason they are losing. All Blacks just simply better.

Well done to Jimmy Slips for 140. Wouldn't of picked him as the guy to reach Gregan numbers back in 2010

ripper868

International Coach
Well, from 21-0 down, I didn't expect to lose by 3. A few dud calls against as well, not sure how Perenara isn't penalised for a headlock on Paisami with that last run, or how it's ever a maul, but yeah.

Nz deserve the win, Wallabies turned up eventually, felt like the ABs took the foot off the throat though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well, I think "a game of two halves" is the apposite cliche.

Awful lot closer than it should've been.

Wobblies have still never held the Bledisloe in my now two decade tenure on CW.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, from 21-0 down, I didn't expect to lose by 3. A few dud calls against as well, not sure how Perenara isn't penalised for a headlock on Paisami with that last run, or how it's ever a maul, but yeah.

Nz deserve the win, Wallabies turned up eventually, felt like the ABs took the foot off the throat though.
They haven't scored in the final quarter all tournament which is terrible. They got real problems atm

Anyway Australia with the all important bonus point.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Both teams have problems but the Wallabies obviously have a lot more

Honestly don’t see what White & Lolesio add to the team at all and the team looked far better when the former went off & the latter was basically shunted aside

ripper868

International Coach
Hard for Lolesio to do much when the pack (and entire team) was blown away in that first 10 minutes, but the moment for me was when there was a loose ball, Lolesio was nearest to it, and just kept looking at it for 2-3 seconds instead of diving on it - you can't wait for someone else to make the 'sacrifice' at this level, if its you, its you, regardless of the number on your back - it felt like he didn't have his head in the game, and has kinda looked like that every test this year. Another time we had 14 or something phases of forward runners off rucks, going one side to the other - Noah didn't touch the ball once - the 10 has got to take command there an step up. He looked better in the last 20, but was very noticably absent for the most part. My old man mentioned he was the only one gathering high kicks...I retorted that's because he got hidden in defence, and if his name was Quade he wouldn't get away with it.

Anyway, after losing to Argentina by 45 last time out, I'll take a 3 point loss and keeping them tryless for a half.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Absolutely terrible from NZ.

The McKenzie experiment hasn't worked, and I don't think Scott Barrett should be captain. With Vaa'i, Darry, and Holland (when eligible) he'll soon struggle to make the 15.

Sititi is a gun though and our depth at 9 is fantastic, so give TJ a farewell test in Wellington.

ripper868

International Coach
Oh boy, Boks having a field day, but if the ruck prior to the 2nd try isn't a penalty for diving over during a clear out, then nothing can be. Zero control by the Bok 7 in that clean out.