• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** English Football Season 2024/25

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
United fans are in for a long season if they think Ugarte will go anyway towards fixing the problems from that game.

Casemiro's issues were on the ball, rather than off it. I'd actually put that as an aspect of his game that he's considerably better than Ugarte at so that's a worry. With some luck that will settle the Mainoo super fans down, he got a lesson from Macca and Grav.

Anyway who cares about them. Great 3 points for us, another stand out game from Gravenberch who's quickly getting the recognition he deserves. The legend of Salah goes on, he's getting awfully close to Henry, Rooney etc.

I actually thought Szobo (aside from his running) and Jota were pretty poor. Robbo's best game under Slot too. There's still so much we could do better, didn't even think we played particularly well.
I think Mainoo looks like he has played too much football. It’s great to have a young player come through but there’s no squad depth behind him and he has to cover for Casemiros legs. Ugarte at least gives some younger legs to help.

Casemiros passing got attention and rightly so but his lack of running and covering and getting ahead of the ball are constant issues. He has zero discipline and only had the legs to get away with that for 1 year.

Skipper Pup

U19 Cricketer
I think Mainoo looks like he has played too much football. It’s great to have a young player come through but there’s no squad depth behind him and he has to cover for Casemiros legs. Ugarte at least gives some younger legs to help.

Casemiros passing got attention and rightly so but his lack of running and covering and getting ahead of the ball are constant issues. He has zero discipline and only had the legs to get away with that for 1 year.
That has to be a huge concern for the club, although they don't seem too bothered to do anything about it in terms of signing reinforcements.

I guess the hope is that he's like Saka and has durability to manage the workload, rather than someone like Lavia who ends up breaking down.

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
I dunno where to post this, but there was a lot of euro stuff on earlier this summer, so what is the diff between that and the UEFA nations league playing tomorrow. Is it just that 1 is a tourny and the other goes on all year like the champions league?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I dunno where to post this, but there was a lot of euro stuff on earlier this summer, so what is the diff between that and the UEFA nations league playing tomorrow. Is it just that 1 is a tourny and the other goes on all year like the champions league?
Nations league is basically a bunch of friendlies with a trophy at the end

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Lee Carsley causing a stir with his confirmation that he won't be singing the national anthem. I don't care either way, but his reasoning has been pretty lame.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Lee Carsley causing a stir with his confirmation that he won't be singing the national anthem. I don't care either way, but his reasoning has been pretty lame.
Yeah the travelling fans and media won't like this. When it starts going wrong they will force him out.

Ali TT

International Regular
Fmd these ****s have been back two weeks and they’re getting a week off. Just play on ffs
Better than a bunch of friendlies with no trophy at the end. The format is a bit convoluted though.

I hate this culture war bull****. I genuinely couldn't give a toss whether players or managers sing the anthem or not, it's the results that matter. Why do people need to be either outraged at him or outraged at the people outraged at him?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
One football telling me that England have 83% possession through 35 minutes. How bad are Ireland.

Niall

International Coach
Kelleher definitely needs to have a think though, he's clearly to good to be a number 2 but he's going nowhere with Liverpool especially with the Georgian lad who is absolute gun who just signed.

Ali TT

International Regular
England smashed plenty of meh teams in qualifying with Southgate.
We beat Italy twice in the last set of qualifiers as well. Lots to knock Southgate over, but beating the Irish 2-0 hardly sees Carsley surpass the guy who took England to two Euro finals and WC semis and quarters

Skipper Pup

U19 Cricketer
Kelleher definitely needs to have a think though, he's clearly to good to be a number 2 but he's going nowhere with Liverpool especially with the Georgian lad who is absolute gun who just signed.
I was surprised we didn't sell him this summer. He's good enough to be a prem GK but not quite good enough for a top 6 side.

Very capable back up. Has had some great moments over the years and is living out his dream to be an LFC player