• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
someone who qualified for marathon didn't get picked and kicked up a stink about it and then 1km into the race today one of the three australians - who was already fighting a foot issue - had to retire due to dual quad cramps and so more people are discussing it. it's quite funny, i would have thought marathons were fairly chill

Ali TT

International Regular
BBC announcing they're cutting to the weightlifting to see what colour medal Campbell can get...

Bronze. It's the story of this games for Team GB that the answer to that question is almost always bronze.
Given we had three crashes in the cycling and our pentathlete medal hope withdrew sick, Campbell should be applauded for not dropping a weight on her head or throwing up on the judges.

King Kane

International Debutant
Kiwis killing it. Seems to have shut all our egghead commentators claiming we punch above our weight. Now you guys will have to deal with it.
NZ are 4th on the medals per capita tally behind Grenada, Dominica and Saint Lucia.

They are punching above their weight better than NZ and Australia who are 8th behind Jamaica, Cape Verde and Hungary.

China are 71st, USA are 45th and Japan are 47th, Great Britain have a more respectable 24th on the medals per capita. tally.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, that’s the end of Australia’s events at these games, and overall I’d say by our usual standards they were pretty disappointing.

The cyclists were very average in terms of the only medal which counts, and the rowers were overall diabolical as were the male swimmers. A couple of track and field people did reasonably, but as usual we didn’t excel in that fringe sport either.

Nothing of value from the shooting, archery or equestrian either.

I know we weren’t GB-reverting-to-pasty-unathletic-mean-now-the-funding-has-dried-up poor, but tbh I wasn’t that happy with the effort overall.

Expected much better.l given our usual elite standards.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
5 medals for the women's track team with Wollaston's bronze. Need to start sharing their PEDs with the men's team next time.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Well, that’s the end of Australia’s events at these games, and overall I’d say by our usual standards they were pretty disappointing.

The cyclists were very average in terms of the only medal which counts, and the rowers were overall diabolical as were the male swimmers. A couple of track and field people did reasonably, but as usual we didn’t excel in that fringe sport either.

Nothing of value from the shooting, archery or equestrian either.

I know we weren’t GB-reverting-to-pasty-unathletic-mean-now-the-funding-has-dried-up poor, but tbh I wasn’t that happy with the effort overall.

Expected much better.l given our usual elite standards.
Read somewhere that this was your best ever medal haul??

Ali TT

International Regular
US lose their first medal after a decision to rescore Jordan Chiles's routine in the floor final has been overturned by CAS on an appeal by Romania. Chiles goes back to her original score, giving the Romanian bronze.

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
A few of my favourite moments of the Games, in no particular order:

• Andy Murray and Dan Evans saving 5 consecutive match points to keep Murray's career alive
  • Tom Pidcock's comeback in the mountain biking
  • Screaming at the television as Alex Yee came back to win gold in the triathlon after looking nowhere close
  • Any type of mixed relay
  • Leon Marchand being a star in the pool, and the French crowd blowing the roof off every time
  • Dominant athletes showing that they are the best (Ledecky, Biles, Jess Fox, McLaughlin-Levrone, Duplantis, and so many more)
  • The number of close finishes - in particular 100m backstroke, 200m freestyle, 100m 400m, 1500m, but so many more throughout the whole Games
  • Bryony Page being so delighted to win gold
  • The kayak cross as a whole
  • Being able to see people in here enjoying events they've never even heard of before
  • An Olympic medal for KJT
God the Olympics is the best