• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
That polish girl in the boxing came into the final against the woman who isnt a man, with a huge bruise/cut under 1 eye,
and led with her head and got totally mashed. terrible mismatch, not a spectacle you wanna see.

King Kane

International Debutant
The Kiwi gold rush continues.

Ellesse Andrews should be Dame Ellesse Andrews soon like Dame Lisa Carrington.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That polish girl in the boxing came into the final against the woman who isnt a man, with a huge bruise/cut under 1 eye,
and led with her head and got totally mashed. terrible mismatch, not a spectacle you wanna see.
if i'm watching boxing i typically do want to see someone get totally mashed

Victor Ian

International Coach
Kiwis killing it. Seems to have shut all our egghead commentators claiming we punch above our weight. Now you guys will have to deal with it.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
BBC announcing they're cutting to the weightlifting to see what colour medal Campbell can get...

Bronze. It's the story of this games for Team GB that the answer to that question is almost always bronze.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Andrews too good for Finucane on the bike today, but a good effort from the 21 year old
Yeah, Finucane still a freak talent to have ridden the 2nd fastest time in history at 21. I just wonder whether she was a bit more tired and maybe a bit less confident than the older, more experienced Andrews at the end of such a long campaign. It's a good thing that Andrews has managed to clean up at these games because I think it'll be hard going for anyone to get ahead of Finucane at the next couple of games.

Ellese Andrews NZ's athlete of the games for me, and indisputably NZ's GOAT track cyclist. Unbelievable effort from her.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Kiwis killing it. Seems to have shut all our egghead commentators claiming we punch above our weight. Now you guys will have to deal with it.
Oh you sweet summer child. We've had to put up with the 'per capita medal table' being front page news of every Olympics for the past 20 years.

flibbertyjibber

Yeah, Finucane still a freak talent to have ridden the 2nd fastest time in history at 21. I just wonder whether she was a bit more tired and maybe a bit less confident than the older, more experienced Andrews at the end of such a long campaign. It's a good thing that Andrews has managed to clean up at these games because I think it'll be hard going for anyone to get ahead of Finucane at the next couple of games.

Ellese Andrews NZ's athlete of the games for me, and indisputably NZ's GOAT track cyclist. Unbelievable effort from her.
She blew her stack in the team sprint. Never looked the same after that. Where as Andrews got better as the week went on. Possibly an age/maturity thing. Going to be fun watching that pair compete in years to come.

Burgey

BBC announcing they're cutting to the weightlifting to see what colour medal Campbell can get...

Bronze. It's the story of this games for Team GB that the answer to that question is almost always bronze.
Maybe they need to lift…