• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

shortpitched713

International Captain
It is bizarre that he got 4 years for having *** with a 12 year old, when Adam Johnson got 6 years for kissing a 15 year old.

I'd assumed actually that that sentence was given in the Netherlands, but you're right it was in the UK. I wonder whether Netherlands sentencing guidelines were taken into account?
Nah, but the Netherlands pedo loving guidelines were used when he got extradited after 1 year per treaty with Britain to serve the remainder of his sentence there, and the Netherlands released him in 1 month.

Coronis

International Coach
I just hope people aren’t getting Olympic tattoos unless they’ve got a medal, that’d just be… ****

shortpitched713

International Captain
Also, while I'm at it, I find it notable that I've been IP banned from Wikipedia for making a single edit to the 2024 Olympics beach volleyball page with a single sentence mentioning the controversy of child rapist Steven van de Velde's selection, even though there are a huge number of news stories and notability to this event in English language media, in comparison to overall notability of the beach volleyball tournament as a whole.

Also had even my page talk comment giving the justification for the edit scrubbed, so yeah make whatever you will of that.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also, while I'm at it, I find it notable that I've been IP banned from Wikipedia for making a single edit to the 2024 Olympics beach volleyball page with a single sentence mentioning the controversy of child rapist Steven van de Velde's selection, even though there are a huge number of news stories and notability to this event in English language media, in comparison to overall notability of the beach volleyball tournament as a whole.

Also had even my page talk comment giving the justification for the edit scrubbed, so yeah make whatever you will of that.
Owned

Brook's side

International Regular

That does sound strange. Perhaps it was the way you worded it?

Molehill

International Captain
We go Peaty in breaststroke as we have no decent women anyway. Just hope our backstroke person doesn't come up too late.
The biggest time difference between men and women is the breast stroke, so you totally want a man on that leg. Handy we have Peaty, although not sure the rest of the squad looks very strong.

shortpitched713

International Captain
I mean, the story is on his wikipedia page.
The controversy is also related to the event. After all, no one would have cared about him playing beach volleyball, if he wasn't doing it in the goddamn Olympics. That's because (like quite a few Olympic sports), no one gives a **** about beach volleyball, generally.

Ali TT

International Regular
Nah, but the Netherlands pedo loving guidelines were used when he got extradited after 1 year per treaty with Britain to serve the remainder of his sentence there, and the Netherlands released him in 1 month.
I don't know why you have to make this a national thing. It's not as if America is the land of milk and honey for children, including in sports. This was also discussed at the start of this thread before the games began so can't you just leave it be for now?