• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

Spark

Global Moderator
****ing hell that's close

The Chinese pair look almost sick with anxiety even though they've won

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
Oooft, great finish to the diving, and a lot of pressure on the Chinese for once.

A nice bronze for Team GB too

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Comms on the international feed here were very quick to point that out too, pointing out a stroke which seems to have created too much of a splash and I guess lost momentum but I don't actually know if that made the difference in the end, it seemed like they were getting caught anyway.
Croatia were closing fast, I think they'd have got there anyway.

weeman27bob

I reckon they might have held on to beat Croatia if they hadn't had that fault, but not if it was another 30 metres more.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
****ing hell that's close

The Chinese pair look almost sick with anxiety even though they've won
None of the Chinese have celebrated a gold all week. Seems like they are under so much pressure they can't enjoy it.

Probably get told off for nearly losing.

Spark

Global Moderator
None of the Chinese have celebrated a gold all week. Seems like they are under so much pressure they can't enjoy it.

Probably get told off for nearly losing.
I guess you can't complain about the results but yeah even after the Mexican score came up, the guy on camera looked like he was about to throw up

Spark

Global Moderator
Can't even imagine how you strategise for a race like this, seems like total chaos
Well clearly the Australian team got their strategy right because they were like half a lap behind at the halfway point and ended up coming first by like two body lengths, wtf

weeman27bob

Can't even imagine how you strategise for a race like this, seems like total chaos
Yeah, I guess you just have to put in what you think is your best combination of swimmers.

Australia 5 seconds down coming in to the last 100m, but end up winning by 2 seconds.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah, I guess you just have to put in what you think is your best combination of swimmers.

Australia 5 seconds down coming in to the last 100m, but end up winning by 2 seconds.
Commentators mentioned computer models which actually makes sense tbh, this is definitely something you could figure out pretty easily with a script

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'm no exercise scientist or data analyst but I can't see any reason for not having a man finish with the freestyle. I guess if you don't have any good men's 100 swimmers.

weeman27bob

I think you've just got to look at what your differentials are - who are your world class swimmers and what's your weakness