• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
Good win for the British women - they'd been absolutely dominant in the lead-up to the Olympics, probably our strongest shot at a gold medal in the whole Olympics

Molehill

International Captain
Women's Windsurfing will be decided today. GB's Emma Wilson guaranteed a medal with automatic entry into the Final 3, to be decided over 2 races which others go against her. That's from about 1pm UK.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sailing would be a lot more interesting if you could board your opponent's boat wearing an eye patch and a cutlass, and if you want to, sink it.

shortpitched713

International Captain
as opposed to a non paedophile child rapist, which is a real thing?
****, I forgot to say that I was talking about the noted pedophile child rapist Steven van de Velde, for the sake of search algorithms.

Also, I don't use that other spelling of pedophile because it's British, the land that gave notable pedophile child rapist Steven van de Velde a pitiful 4 year sentence for raping a child.

Burgey

How come our women in the skiff medal race decided to sail off somewhere towards Algeria? Hilarity at the back end when the Dutch stopped thinking they'd crossed the line but were about 50m short. Cost them the race but fortunately not the gold overall.

Brook's side

International Regular
****, I forgot to say that I was talking about the noted pedophile child rapist Steven van de Velde, for the sake of search algorithms.

Also, I don't use that other spelling of pedophile because it's British, the land that gave notable pedophile child rapist Steven van de Velde a pitiful 4 year sentence for raping a child.
It is bizarre that he got 4 years for having *** with a 12 year old, when Adam Johnson got 6 years for kissing a 15 year old.

I'd assumed actually that that sentence was given in the Netherlands, but you're right it was in the UK. I wonder whether Netherlands sentencing guidelines were taken into account?

flibbertyjibber

I know there are loads of athletic events but a mixed 4x100m or 4x400m relay would be great fun to watch. The swimming mixed medley relay is a fantastic watch. A bit like the Madison in cycling, mixed mash up madness.