• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ooh, I thought we were going to surge past the USA four there, but they got a second wind.

Ali TT

International Regular
It’s odd that some sports persist with this and others don’t. It’s a bit like the 3rd place play off at the football WC. I sort of see it as a carry over from some sort of golden age of amateur sport where a consolation prize mattered.
Yeah and we all know nowadays that losers should be shamed not celebrated.

Even without a gold a good morning rowing session for GB but even better for NZ.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Presumably trans women athletes aren't allowed to compete in women's boxing?
Apparently the Algerian boxer has XY chromosomes. This from the IOC.
IOC's Mark Adams was asked again about women's boxing controversy. “I repeat that all the competitors comply with the eligibility rules. But what I would say is that this involves real people. And, by the way, this is not a transgender issue. I should make this absolutely clear."

Brook's side

International Regular
Many years ago, I watched Martine McCutcheon being done in by a giant cheese in an episode of Midsomer Murders and thought that might be the silliest use of that particular dairy product. It now seems that I may have been mistaken.
I would genuinely like to try some of that cheese (the parmesan, not the one that killed Martine McCutcheon). In fact I'd nibble the top right off it.
I don't think it's silly personally. I'd bet it sells a lot of cheese.

Molehill

International Captain
Back to the canoe slalom, superb qualifying run by Joe Clarke (no, not that one), nearly 2 seconds faster than anyone else. Probably, would've liked that run in the Final as not sure anyone beats it. If he repeats that in the Final, he surely wins.

Actually, a French guy was 2 seconds faster but picked up 4 penalties, so he's clearly the threat.

Last edited: