• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

Coronis

International Coach
Think a lot of the events used to have semi final rounds but looks like most are straight from heats to finals now.

More the threat of electrocution I suspect. This may or may not be a reason to suspend a walk or a row but would make golf far more entertaining if there was risk of death. In fact in a thunderstorm golfers should have to walk around with their 5 iron extended above their head.
I mean rowing in the water is a bit risky. Would their oars be metal or carbon fibre?

I used to practice in some nets at a field where one of Australia’s best walkers trained

Bs sport where they virtually all break the rules
Don’t recall the year but I seem to recall an Olympics when I was younger where one of the favourites (British maybe?) got her third red card and broke down crying. Or maybe it was an Aussie bloke. Was kinda funny.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I mean rowing in the water is a bit risky. Would their oars be metal or carbon fibre?

Don’t recall the year but I seem to recall an Olympics when I was younger where one of the favourites (British maybe?) got her third red card and broke down crying. Or maybe it was an Aussie bloke. Was kinda funny.
Jane Saville, who is commentating here, was disqualified when leading in Sydney as she entered the stadium

Pretty awful as there was only about 500m to go but only controversial because of that

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I used to practice in some nets at a field where one of Australia’s best walkers trained

Bs sport where they virtually all break the rules
Was one of their training techniques to stick a blueberry between their arsecheeks and try to get around the field without dropping it?

Coronis

International Coach
Jane Saville, who is commentating here, was disqualified when leading in Sydney as she entered the stadium

Pretty awful as there was only about 500m to go but only controversial because of that
That’s probably it. Was funny because why risk anything when you’re already leading? Think she was ahead by a bit lol

Molehill

International Captain
What is the point of B Finals in the Rowing? You weren't very good, so have a race against other not very good teams. If you come last in this, maybe consider a new sport?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Now let's see what the men can do. I think our guys are a bit less likely here against a strong line-up.

Molehill

International Captain
Now let's see what the men can do. I think our guys are a bit less likely here against a strong line-up.
You can generally tell from what lane they're in. Winners likely to come from 3 or 4, those in 1 and 6 unlikely to figure.