• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

Brook's side

International Regular
If they were going to do this with Anderson, they should have promised him the final test of the summer, and then just picked him ad hoc as needed prior to that. Make no sense to do it this way. Unsatisfactory.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Looks like a fair amount of potential for the Windies with the ball. Look forward to watching them bowl. Not so sure about Holder batting 6.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Won't be surprised if they issue an SOS to Jimmy next summer as plans such as they might be go awry in the leadup to the Ashes.

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
Weather looks a bit hit and miss. ATM looks as if Thursday is the best to be batting on.
Without Roach how good is the Windies bowling attack?

CartyDurham

International Captain
If the West Indies are to win the series , they need to win the first test

England have a habit of losing the first test

Hopefully the weather allows for a win either way

Molehill

International Captain
Weather looks a bit hit and miss. ATM looks as if Thursday is the best to be batting on.
Without Roach how good is the Windies bowling attack?
Seales has been bowling well for Sussex, so knows the conditions. I suspect there will be plenty enough game time for a result, conditions will probably be good for bowling most of the time. Win toss and bowl looks most likely tomorrow.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If they were going to do this with Anderson, they should have promised him the final test of the summer, and then just picked him ad hoc as needed prior to that. Make no sense to do it this way. Unsatisfactory.
They wanted to give him a send off. Will-they won't-they would take the romance out of what they wanted to do with that game.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Would it have been too much to ask to give Jimmy a send off at Trent Bridge?

(a) ground where he averages sub 20
(b) ground with me in attendance

If not, why not give him a send off at Edgbaston?

(a) ground with me in attendance
(b) ground with me in attendance FFS

Brook's side

International Regular
They wanted to give him a send off. Will-they won't-they would take the romance out of what they wanted to do with that game.
Why does it make a difference to the 'romance' if the send off is the first game or the last game of the summer though?

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My ideal batting order would be,

1. Kraigg
2. Mikyle
3. Kirk
4. Kavem
5. Alick
6. Da Silva
7. Holder
8. Alzarri
9. Shamar
10. Motie
11. Seales

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Would it have been too much to ask to give Jimmy a send off at Trent Bridge?

(a) ground where he averages sub 20
(b) ground with me in attendance

If not, why not give him a send off at Edgbaston?

(a) ground with me in attendance
(b) ground with me in attendance FFS
What day you going Trent Bridge yo?

agree with all four points