• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** English Football Season 2024/25

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So the first transfer window of the summer closes this weekend, the clubs in need of sales to out PSR. Seems like Everton are ok after selling Godfrey and Chelsea will be after the deal with Villa for Maatsen. Just Leicester and Newcastle to get fixed up now.

Could be lots of deals this weekend and then clubs like Man U will complain about fees etc...

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How is it that Chelsea still seem to be linked with tons of players? Okay, they've sold Maatsen, but surely their squad is still massively bloated?

Also following the goings on at Southend, who've been asked to pay a GBP1million bond to be allowed to participate in the Vauxhall Conference. Whether it's a ploy to get the Chairman to finally complete the sale of the club or something even more poorly thought out, I don't know.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have no idea how Chelsea are getting away with it but it seems to be that the billion they have spent is divided up over 8 years as those were the contracts given and then they need about £125m a year, Maatsen and Mount probably cover that for this year given they were youth players...

If I'm wrong on that then God knows but that's my take on it.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Chelsea have also raked in loads of money on players sold over the last few windows/seasons.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Glad we got Ryan Woods back, absolutely quality, though it only seems five minutes ago he was along with Matt Grimes the best lower League young talent. Was really solid in midfield for us better than Carroll as that experienced classy head in midfield.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Surprised @GIMH didn't get in on this yesterday with the various cup draws done yesterday.
Moving forward these should be called the Official European Football thread, what with all the UEFA, and Non English Footage league stuff that end up discussed in the thread.

Anyway enjoy a stale news meme, on the house
GifMeme 09072024124249.gif

CartyDurham

International Captain
I have no idea how Chelsea are getting away with it but it seems to be that the billion they have spent is divided up over 8 years as those were the contracts given and then they need about £125m a year, Maatsen and Mount probably cover that for this year given they were youth players...

If I'm wrong on that then God knows but that's my take on it.
Spot on