• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** English Football Season 2024/25

Spark

Global Moderator
Is there a particular reason he's getting the attention?

Totally get that Fofana has rightfully drawn attention to it and forced Chelsea to act, but I'm just struggling to see why the other Argentinian players aren't equally condemned.
From what I've heard he really did take the initiative in instigating the chant in the first place

Skipper Pup

U19 Cricketer
I cant figure out if August is going to be crazy busy with transfers or if the market is just having a quiet off-season. Seems the international tournaments have definitely impacted transfer plans so far but also FFP must be restricting some of the activity too. Only a handful of clubs are actually making moves and its not the usual suspects.

LFC have been remarkably quiet. To some degree it's concerning as we absolutely need to rejuvenate areas of the squad, but I'm also quite calm given there's a new manager and regime. It's only fair Slot takes some time to assess the squad and work with the new DOF on the right targets and strategy.

I think we need a CB, CDM, back-up RW, LB and back-up GK. Of those I think at best we'll sign three. FSG are playing with fire by choosing this summer to be conservative, especially given the momentum we're losing with Klopp's departure and the succession planning around VVD/Salah. I'm actually optimistic that with the Edwards regime things will be more sustainable in the long term but there could be some teething issues early if the on-field results aren't good.

I have almost no confidence we're competing for the league this season - there is just a bit too much to do to catch City and Arsenal. I'm also expecting a transition in playing style too and it could be months before Slot knows his best XI. He's no doubt going to need time to learn how to navigate UCL and fixture congestion.

All that said, I'm not overly concerned anyone is catching us. United are making a better fist of their strategy but have a clueless manager, Chelsea seem hamstrung by FFP and have a new manager, Newcastle can't spend, and Spurs are irrelevant. Only really Villa and West Ham have strengthened, and even in doing so Villa have lost their best player from last season.

Too early for predictions but it's a very strange market. Hopefully some more dominos start to fall soon

Skipper Pup

U19 Cricketer
Apparently City are about to sign Eze. Not a surprise, but worrying after we have already lost Olise.
They have been saying that for ages and it hasn't eventuated...

One thing for sure is that Pep is changing systems again. He alluded to moving to two wingers in recent interviews and makes sense given Savio is coming in.

Doku, Savio and Eze in rotation on the wings with Haaland up top would be so scary.

Would signal the end of Grealish which I guess is inevitable anyway.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
They have been saying that for ages and it hasn't eventuated...
One thing for sure is that Pep is changing systems again. He alluded to moving to two wingers in recent interviews and makes sense given Savio is coming in.
Doku, Savio and Eze in rotation on the wings with Haaland up top would be so scary.
Would signal the end of Grealish which I guess is inevitable anyway.
Eze isn't actually a winger, but he could probably play there if required.
And we'll take Grealish at Palace if it comes to that.

CartyDurham

International Captain
I want to apologise for posting on this thread to @Furball

i know you can’t stand me so for peace sake I won’t post on here again

I would if I could get any previous posts deleted as all I post is spam

sorry

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, it's a shame. He was a player I always really enjoyed watching, but there's no denying he just didn't kick on in the way his early appearances suggested he would. Injuries no doubt to blame for that in part.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Looks like most of Rangers better players want to leave

oh dear my mistake ENGLISH football thread

not relevant posting about a micky mouse club in Scotland

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, it's a shame. He was a player I always really enjoyed watching, but there's no denying he just didn't kick on in the way his early appearances suggested he would. Injuries no doubt to blame for that in part.
IMG_0651.jpeg
This hits right in the feels