• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

IcarianStyles

Cricket Spectator
Bumrah has a strong case of being better than Cummins as a bowler in Tests at this point:
  • better test average
  • better strike rate
  • better economy rate
  • better Away average with more wickets too

• better average and ER in England
  • better average, ER, SR in India

The Australia cricket fans and public won't like to hear this though

subshakerz

International Coach
Bumrah has a strong case of being better than Cummins as a bowler in Tests at this point:
  • better test average
  • better strike rate
  • better economy rate
  • better Away average with more wickets too

• better average and ER in England
  • better average, ER, SR in India

The Australia cricket fans and public won't like to hear this though
Bumrah in terms of skillset is a more well-rounded bowler than Cummins, now that Bumrah is proven in India too. Cummins is only slightly more accurate.

Bumrah has a great chance to take a tenfer in this game and get those off his checklist too.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
The main reason he isn't is because Cummins is nigh on indestructible and Bumrah takes 0 wickets in games he doesn't play.
Just looks so strong and durable these days. Sure, sports science has come a long way even in just the last ten years but in his case it seems to be wedded to elite genetics and an insane work ethic.

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Captain
Took me a few hours to research and find the answer but I found it. Only one other batsman before Jaiswal has scored a double-century in a Test innings where none of his team-mates scored more than 34, that player was Brian Lara who made 226 against Australia in the 2005 Adelaide Test, where the second-best score was 34 by Dwayne Bravo.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
I always thought India would fight back harder this test.
Last match Pope and Hartley. This match (to date) Bumrah and Jaiswal. Not sure India have fought back as a whole. Even at Test level two players' performances can completley swing a game, just as in franchise cricket but in the shorter format you don't need to score ~200 or take 6-7 wickets, half that amount can suffice.

Calm_profit

State Vice-Captain
Bumrah is miles better than Cummins. I’ll only revise this opinion if Bumrah falls apart to Zak and co as the series goes on the way Cummins did in The Ashes. He was Jason Gillespie05esque by the end of the series. Seems to have been forgotten. :ph34r:
You are right,Starc and Hazlewood looked more threatening than Cummins by the end of the Ashes

subshakerz

International Coach
Bumrah is miles better than Cummins. I’ll only revise this opinion if Bumrah falls apart to Zak and co as the series goes on the way Cummins did in The Ashes. He was Jason Gillespie05esque by the end of the series. Seems to have been forgotten. :ph34r:
Cummins stock fell a bit last year sadly.

However, should be pointed out Zak seemed fairly at ease giving stick to Bumrah early on. His dismissal changed momentum totally.

Last edited: