• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
He didn't play a great deal of cricket in his early teens, he said, because the captain of his club side didn't think he could bowl.

"As far back as I can remember I was a fast bowler. Fairly similar to what I am now," said McGrath, who has taken more wickets than any Australian fast bowler.

At 15, he changed teams. But the sense that he might have the capacity to make an impact on the game did not arrive until, at 17, he was picked from relative obscurity to play in a representative under-24s carnival in Gilgandra, near Dubbo.

I thought he was a child prodigy. Didn't knew he started so late.

Himannv

Hall of Fame Member
The Sports Minister has sacked the cricket board and appointed an interim board. The fatphobes in the fat-shaming thread best get posting, cause he's back baby.

The interim board wasn't allowed due to politics and is blocked by a court order.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My team won a game when the opposition needed 4 from the last over with 4 wickets in hand. Over went 1 W W 0 W W. Last two were runouts.
As a seasoned tailender, I think people can have a tendency to underestimate the panic that can quickly set in at club level if you're suddenly having to bat when you weren't expecting it.

Chubb

International Regular
As a seasoned tailender, I think people can have a tendency to underestimate the panic that can quickly set in at club level if you're suddenly having to bat when you weren't expecting it.
Yeah the number 10 came out without his pads on. Our captain nearly did a Shakib but thought better of it.

Was an amazing atmosphere for a low grade match - the club was holding a reverse auction afterwards so a lot of members showed up.

We still talk about this game today, it was two years ago.

Dug this up from Insta, the last ball. I am keeping wicket. Ball before I’d run out the number 10. http://instagr.am/p/CaML4o4hCSg/
Everyone goes nuts and I just walk off shaking my head, classic.

Last edited: