• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
is this it?

Not a new article.

The media rights from India were sold for $3bn (4 years). Rights in the UK and Ireland were sold for $0.26bn (8 years). Given those figures it isn't outlandish to suggest BCCI should get 40% of the overall pie as in the proposal imo. It's tough to argue against.

The good thing is that the pie has more than doubled, so most countries are seeing an absolute $ increase in the amount they're getting even if the slice of the pie hasn't changed or even reduced.

That's not to say this is healthy for the sport and for the promotion of cricket globally - it's not. A lot more of that money should be allocated to making other nations competitive.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Not a new article.

The media rights from India were sold for $3bn (4 years). Rights in the UK and Ireland were sold for $0.26bn (8 years). Given those figures it isn't outlandish to suggest BCCI should get 40% of the overall pie as in the proposal imo. It's tough to argue against.

The good thing is that the pie has more than doubled, so most countries are seeing an absolute $ increase in the amount they're getting even if the slice of the pie hasn't changed or even reduced.

That's not to say this is healthy for the sport and for the promotion of cricket globally - it's not. A lot more of that money should be allocated to making other nations competitive.
ok

It's not a new article.

The good thing is that the pie has more than doubled, so most countries are seeing an absolute $ increase in the amount they're getting even if the % slice of the pie hasn't changed or even reduced.

ok

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
In the 1979 ICC Trophy, the qualifier for the 1979 World Cup, Sri Lanka forfeited their game against Israel for political reasons.
As a result, if the USA had beaten Netherlands in their match, rather than it being abandoned, they'd have qualified for the semis ahead of Sri Lanka, and Sri Lanka would not have played in the 1979 World Cup (assuming they'd stood by their decision to forfeit the Israel game).

Would this have affected when Sri Lanka were made full ICC members? It feels like their win over India in the 1979 WC boosted their claims to be a full member, but I've not seen anything definitive on this.

_Ed_

I've been meaning to ask for a little while, why is Ed Rainsford commentating WBBL? Does he live there now? What's his deal?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not a new article.

Daemon channeling Liz Truss here. 'We want to grow the pie.'

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Was looking at some scorecards for the ongoing U19 quadrangular series with Bangladesh England and two India teans, apparently there is a 12 year old in the India B side?

Does anyone know if that is legit? Or is it just another Crapinfo date of birth screw up?

Chubb

International Regular
Was looking at some scorecards for the ongoing U19 quadrangular series with Bangladesh England and two India teans, apparently there is a 12 year old in the India B side?

Does anyone know if that is legit? Or is it just another Crapinfo date of birth screw up?
I mean we all know knocking a few years off your age is common in the subcontinent but that seems excessive.

TheJediBrah

Stop-clock to be trialled on LOI beginning with the upcoming WIs v England series next month.

If the ICC put 10% of the effort they put into punishing slow over-rates into solving real problems cricket would be thriving with 80 competitive Test playing nations

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I mean we all know knocking a few years off your age is common in the subcontinent but that seems excessive.
Yeah, seems pretty extreme that. Was doing a bit more looking and I found an (badly translated) article that seemed to suggest he was 14 as of this April, which still sounds fairly implausible in of itself

Vaibhav Suryavanshi is his name in case anyone was wondering

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

Hairy subject but to me, it makes sense to protect the integrity of the sport, as the ICC have said. I have no desire for anyone to feel marginalised or like they don't matter, but nor do I think it's a level playing field when a bloke who played Melbourne club cricket becomes an international women's player.