• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Points Table/Standings

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
But come the KOs, India won't go without a no.8 who isn't a handy batsman.

So it will be Ashwin v Thakur for no.8 position and against Sena nation, it will be Ashwin. Plus Shami has overtaken Siraj.

So lineup is pretty clear.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Itd definitely be a stronger XI IMO. Though I still think Shami may get taken on
Thats fine. He is still much better than Siraj on current form. He averages 14 in the world cups with close to 40 wickets. Better avg than even Mcgrath. He can go for 6 an over but if he gets 2 wickets thats fine. All 5 bowlers are wicket takers. Thats the most important thing.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
It's good India hasn't played its best bowling line up yet.

Pandya won't be fit until last group game vs Netherlands, so India can't play 3 spinners till then. And last game India will rest 1-2 players.

So we won't see this bowling lineup until the semi final or final.

DriveClub

International Regular
[

Because that XI is the best XI.

3 spinners + Shami Bumrah with Pandya as cover.

Ashwin + Shami >> Thakur + Siraj

It was foolish having both on the bench. And Ashwin too would have played yesterday if Pandya was fit.
That's more or less the same bowling line up from 2017 Champions Trophy

Bumrah
Shami
Ashwin
Jadeja
Pandya

Only Bhuvanesh kumar is missing in the current team I think. Ashwin got axed from ODI team after 2017 CT final loss. Things have come full circle with the same line up again.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
FMD.......these teams are here to win a world cup ffs. To do that and claim to be champions you've got to beat the best of the rest. All this talk of being afraid and looking for the easy route just means youve got no confidence in your side and you cant then take the bragging rights if you win. Shameful.
That’s fine. No bragging. And you’re right about the no confidence.

I’ll take the trophy and be magnanimous in victory.

Bring on the shame.

loterry1994

International Debutant
If you think of most of Indias icc tournament exits it’s been mainly due to their batting and not getting good scores look at champions trophy 2017, 2019 odi World Cup and last years t20 World Cup. They need their top order to show up the semis

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I have been surprised with how few turners we've been getting and genuinely would relish seeing conditions favour spin more.

I think NZ is stronger with Sodhi in it. I think it'd definitely help NZ vs SA/Aus
I'm looking forward to NZ bowling 40 overs of Santner, Sodhi, Ravindra, and Phillips. Mitchell and Neesham can share the other 10:

Conway, Ravindra, Williamson, Mitchell, Phillips, Chapman, Neesham, Young, Latham, Santner, Sodhi

Bat deep - aim for 5 hundy

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I'm in favour. Chapman can bowl too, of course. Though I guess if we give three left-arm orthodoxes a bowl in a match, people might mistake us for Bangladesh.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
yeah kuldeep and pandya are very exploitable and all it takes is a bad day from one of the other guys and you're on
"exploitable" isn't to say "bad", but it's just fact of the matter that the path of least resistance to beating india given their inability to roll with seven bowling options is to force a bad day out of some of their more vulnerable options, and then as athers said, they've got a very dangerous top order but england of all teams, england, showed even they can be breached! with aus on the trot, nz hitting their straps with the cavalry still to arrive, and india and the saffers in imperious form it's all up for grabs really - any of these teams are capable of knocking each other off
India's batting is not any more solid than another 4-5 sides in the tourney. It's the bowling that has been leagues ahead of others.

But it can be breached, yes. Gotta keep gambhiring

Sunil1z

International Regular
India's batting is not any more solid than another 4-5 sides in the tourney. It's the bowling that has been leagues ahead of others.

But it can be breached, yes. Gotta keep gambhiring
Indian bowling can be taken down if you attack Bumrah early . Siraj is completely off colour and shami can go for runs , despite taking wickets

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm looking forward to NZ bowling 40 overs of Santner, Sodhi, Ravindra, and Phillips. Mitchell and Neesham can share the other 10:

Conway, Ravindra, Williamson, Mitchell, Phillips, Chapman, Neesham, Young, Latham, Santner, Sodhi

Bat deep - aim for 5 hundy
And you have still missed the part-time spin of two guys, Williamson and Chapman here.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think NZ is stronger with Sodhi in it. I think it'd definitely help NZ vs SA/Aus
Not totally against the idea on a turner, but do remember;

1) It was Sodhi who Australia took to pieces in the T20 WC final chase in the SC in 2021 &
2) As by far our weakest fieldsman, Sodhi will likely cost us 5-10 runs in the field every innings