• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match #10 — Australia Vs South Africa Oct 12th, Lucknow

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't think the interest in rugby was ever really that high to be honest.

It's popular with people who want to stand around and **** into their Dolce and Gabbana handkerchiefs about how technical/tactical it is. Great. Everyone loves watching something that is incredibly technical and boring as bat****.
Nah in the late 90s/early 00s it was a big deal, and if anything did a better job of drawing in casual viewers than cricket was at the time.

King Kane

International Debutant
A good last over from Starc, still a tough run chase though.

I think I would rather be in SA's position with 311 on the board.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Starc continues his run of taking at least one wicket in every WC game he’s ever bowled in. Left it late today.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That is rancid finishing from SA despite obscene luck. Australia ahead now with the dew factor.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Double wicket maiden in the 50th is criminal.

Weird score, seems pretty short of where they should have got, but some serious hitters all struggled to get anything away late on.

Think Aus are a chance if one player comes off like de Kock did.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hey remember when #tooonline South Africans on CW wanted to drop De Kock because he didn't care about JAMODIs?

the big bambino

International Captain
I never mentioned luck. But instead of supporting a sport which is going through its struggles, Aussies have deserted it. Wanting your own team to lose is just weird.

And back to cricket, how many drops is that now?
You don't get it. Rugby needs to keep winning to maintain the interest. Other sports like league, AFL and cricket have a strong supporter base and fans that love their teams even in the tough times. As Spark has said all these sports are better run as well. Even soccer is gaining popularity here.

Rugby's problems are magnified by the arrogance and incompetence of it's management. It might seem weird to you but the administration's alienation of the fans has been so profound as to encourage the loathing people have for the code and the Wallabies. I mean I hate them with a passion and enjoy seeing them get pantsed. Until they acknowledge their faults and address them the game will continue dying here.

Spark

Global Moderator
You don't get it. Rugby needs to keep winning to maintain the interest. Other sports like league, AFL and cricket have a strong supporter base and fans that love their teams even in the tough times. As Spark has said all these sports are better run as well. Even soccer is gaining popularity here.

Rugby's problems are magnified by the arrogance and incompetence of it's management. It might seem weird to you but the administration's alienation of the fans has been so mrofound as to encourage the loathing people have for the code and the Wallabies. I mean I hate them with a passion and enjoy seeing them get pantsed. Until they acknowledge their faults and address them the game will continue dying here.
They literally said "if you don't like it, don't watch" during a WC. Like, who the **** even does that???

Molehill

International Captain
Right I mean it’s not like turning down the extra run cost a country the World Cup final or anything.
I mean they might've been run out, or it might have meant Stokes smashed the last ball for 6 instead. But to not even try when there is literally nothing to lose is just so unprofessional.

loterry1994

International Debutant
I mean they might've been run out, or it might have meant Stokes smashed the last ball for 6 instead. But to not even try when there is literally nothing to lose is just so unprofessional.
Santner didn’t just not run a bye he actually ducked a bouncer and not played a shot it still pisses me off to this day lol

Molehill

International Captain
They literally said "if you don't like it, don't watch" during a WC. Like, who the **** even does that???
Ok, that's pretty ****ing stupid. I have zero interest in Rugby League, but when there's a World Cup on I always feel like there's an attempt to attract me to the sport....not push me away.