• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match #10 — Australia Vs South Africa Oct 12th, Lucknow

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Finally this will be the first cliff hanger of the tournament. It's just that kind of in between score - both teams won't be happy. One would feel they should've gotten more from the position they were in and the other will feel they conceded 30-40 more than they should've through some untidy fielding!

Molehill

International Captain
Santner didn’t just not run a bye he actually ducked a bouncer and not played a shot it still pisses me off to this day lol
But I still think he should look up from ducking and see the non-striker hairing towards him shouting "Run"!! How difficult is it to say before the ball "if you miss it I'm running"?

King Kane

International Debutant
If Australia win narrowly, Bavuma is gonna get some stick.
I wouldn't be blaming him if SA lose, he didn't choose to bat first and he set up a good opening partnership platform with de Kock.

Markram and Klaasen throwing their wickets away when they were smoking them and had the Aussies on the ropes would be more to blame.

Had they batted through to the end or close to it SA would have got to around 350 and they would be raging favourites now.

Molehill

International Captain
Finally this will be the first clif hanger of the tournament. It's just that kind of in between score - both teams won't be happy. One would feel they should've gotten more from the position they were in and the other will feel they conceded 30-40 more than they should've through some untidy fielding!
I might be wrong, but with the previous highest total at this ground of 253 and the amount of dropped catches, it might not be a cliff hanger.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
I wouldn't be blaming him if SA lose, he didn't choose to bat first and he set up a good opening partnership platform with de Kock.

Markram and Klaasen throwing their wickets away when they were smoking them and had the Aussies on the ropes would be more to blame.

Had they batted through to the end or close to it SA would have got to around 350 and they would be raging favourites now.
Definitely left 50 out there at the back end. I found Markram's dismissal disappointing.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Ok, that's pretty ****ing stupid. I have zero interest in Rugby League, but when there's a World Cup on I always feel like there's an attempt to attract me to the sport....not push me away.
I’m assuming you’re in England the level of Rugby League there and in Australia is a different level. We get it pushed so much onto us here and it’s way more skilful here. You guys over there don’t get as much coverage of League same as we don’t get much coverage on union here. So we got a pretty similar problem both countries with those sports

King Kane

International Debutant
Santner didn’t just not run a bye he actually ducked a bouncer and not played a shot it still pisses me off to this day lol
That's why you don't want to leave tailenders out there at the end of the innings.

I blame our batsmen more for leaving Santner out there at the end, just like SA should blame their batsmen for leaving Jansen and Maharaj out there.

It's not easy for tailenders facing the best fast bowlers bowling at the death of an innings, you need to have some proper batsmen out there.

Molehill

International Captain
I’m assuming you’re in England the level of Rugby League there and in Australia is a different level. We get it pushed so much onto us here and it’s way more skilful here. You guys over there don’t get as much coverage of League same as we don’t get much coverage on union here. So we got a pretty similar problem both countries with those sports
I think the coverage is quite equal here to be honest. League is on Sky but gets a lot of BBC coverage for the Challenge Cup. The issue here is that it's only played in about 3 Counties, no one South of Sheffield has any interest. Crowds are similar to about 3rd or 4th Tier football games.

loterry1994

International Debutant
That's why you don't want to leave tailenders out there at the end of the innings.

I blame our batsmen more for leaving Santner out there at the end, just like SA should blame their batsmen for leaving Jansen and Maharaj out there.

It's not easy for tailenders facing the best fast bowlers bowling at the death of an innings, you need to have some proper batsmen out there.
Not saying it was his fault just not great situational awareness. Agreed the batting was a real let down that game. I thought Nz bowling kind of carried them through that tournament it was one of the best bowling attacks that World Cup

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Australia just need to play it steady after the opening powerplay then around the 25th ov...ah who am I kidding? They'll p*** this.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Finally this will be the first cliff hanger of the tournament. It's just that kind of in between score - both teams won't be happy. One would feel they should've gotten more from the position they were in and the other will feel they conceded 30-40 more than they should've through some untidy fielding!
I feel like SA got more than enough with two good spinners to bowl

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Carey and Green replaced by Inglis and Stoinis. Blah either way but hope Inglis steps up to get rid of Carey from all white ball cricket
I'm not a fan of dropping green, ngl. He found some form in the warm-up games and is a much safer pair of hands.in the field then stoinis.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Shame that Inglis played here. He won a t20 WC and a test championship without getting a game in either, was hoping hede complete the trifecta.

loterry1994

International Debutant
But I still think he should look up from ducking and see the non-striker hairing towards him shouting "Run"!! How difficult is it to say before the ball "if you miss it I'm running"?
Nah there’s no excusing it at least try hit out the park no matter where you are down the order. I still remember calling it out to my brother when it happened and saying it might cost them.