• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Both Bates and Devine getting out in the first six overs is hardly an ideal way for us to start off this SA tour.

_Ed_

On the bright side, this has been a good partnership. It shows what Halliday can do when she's given time to build an innings - unlike T20s, when she invariably comes in at the death for some reason.

Heboric

International Debutant
Well done ladies I thought they stuffed up a bit after NZ were 55/5 and still allowed them to reach 235. Chase was very wonky at first. Eases the pain of yesterday a bit

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
In England, the Vipers won the RHFT. Quite proud of the fact they've been playing a youngster (Ava Lee) throughout the comp who I helped coach for about 6 years. Be interesting to see how her career progresses. It does make you realise how Dads sending down hundreds of throw downs etc etc on a Friday night can have such an impact.

Himannv

Hall of Fame Member
They've got to upgrade Brits and Goodall somehow, but otherwise that SA batting lineup looks quite good.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Amelia kerr got 100* to get a consolation win vs SA. Feel like the next few years after bates and devine go is just gonna be the kerr carries NZ show, younger players coming through just don't seem on that level. NZ women don't seem that much better than the WI women atm, honestly. NZ have kerr who should stick around for a while.

_Ed_

Halliday and Rowe both had a pretty good series for us too tbf, and I rate a few of our young bowlers (Jess Kerr, Jonas, Carson).

RMBolton

U19 Debutant
Amelia kerr got 100* to get a consolation win vs SA. Feel like the next few years after bates and devine go is just gonna be the kerr carries NZ show, younger players coming through just don't seem on that level. NZ women don't seem that much better than the WI women atm, honestly. NZ have kerr who should stick around for a while.
Of course they're not. They've been shoved in.

I'm still of the view that the big problem is selection. Anderson should've played in this series, though she should play in the T20s. We'll see what she can do. The selection is extremely frustrating: this boneheaded "Young Guns" approach, of shoving players who are unproven domestically into the international arena does no-one good, as much as ignoring players who are proven (I can think of at least 4 players who should've been on this tour). My theory is that Anderson is only here because they see the transition away from Bates as a matter of some urgency (though not enough to give her an ODI debut).

On a happier note, it's been nice to see Halliday do well.

Tom Flint

International Regular
When does healys position come under scrutiny?
Her keeping can't be questioned, but could her place opening the batting be under pressure?

ataraxia

International Coach
No mention yet of the highest successful run chase in Women's T20's by the W Indies against Australia. A stunning 132 from Matthews to chase down 213.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks, not easy to find threads in amongst all the "Who is the best spinner on a Thursday, after lunch, to left handers in Bangalore" rubbish.