• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

RMBolton

U19 Debutant
A 5-match series drawn 1-1 (in reality both lost to the Rain 3-1-1). What a joke.

Nice to see Bates join the 4000 Club. Been a bit sad watching her as of late.

Owzat

U19 Captain
Those boundaries in the WBBL are ****ing ridiculously tiny!
makes no sense, little if you prefer, they'll be the same distance for both sides so essentially they are saying boundaries are the be all and end all of entertainment and/or good cricket

hitting the ball to the boundary isn't necessarily a feat of strength as much as timing

I always did laugh at the commentary "that was four as soon as he hit it" which would suggest the batting crease and boundary were almost touching!

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
makes no sense, little if you prefer, they'll be the same distance for both sides so essentially they are saying boundaries are the be all and end all of entertainment and/or good cricket

hitting the ball to the boundary isn't necessarily a feat of strength as much as timing

I always did laugh at the commentary "that was four as soon as he hit it" which would suggest the batting crease and boundary were almost touching!
It was just an observation, I made a thread pointing this out during the Women’s 16.4

If it tilts it towards the batter & that is what the organizers want, then it tells a lot about the direction in which the want to go…

tony p

First Class Debutant
the comments under Athapaththu’s instagram post for winning pott are disgusting
So many betters are pissed by it, hope they lost plenty of $$$$$$$

They really are sad people with a miserable life to go to her instagram and post there.
You should go to any tennis players insta after they have lost, that's even worse.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Good close A series in India against England A.

Think our girls can be proud of the fight they showed. Good coverage on TV as well. Maybe the new deal with Jio does help. I could see sponsorship, ads etc. during the breaks for an women's A series. Hopefully good signs for the girls playing cricket in India and maybe even around the world.

Molehill

International Captain

Good close A series in India against England A.

Think our girls can be proud of the fight they showed. Good coverage on TV as well. Maybe the new deal with Jio does help. I could see sponsorship, ads etc. during the breaks for an women's A series. Hopefully good signs for the girls playing cricket in India and maybe even around the world.
This series completely passed me by. From an England perspective, great to see Kemp bowling again. Fair to say every match was really tight and I'm sure both teams will benefit considerably.

Molehill

International Captain
India v England kicks off today with the first of 3 T20's followed by a one off Test. Ecclestone returns from shoulder surgery for England

India win toss and bowl. England's seamers are aged 17, 18 and 22!!

Molehill

International Captain
Considering they were 2-2 in the first over, a strong comeback from England mainly thanks to Wyatt, NSB and a late blitz from Jones.

197-6 will take some beating.....

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Huh, no bids for Chamari in the WPL auction. Can't understand that.

AJ Wellington and Alana King unsold too. Did these teams not watch the WBBL?

Last edited:

kevinw

International 12th Man
Huh, no bids for Chamari in the WPL auction. Can't understand that.

AJ Wellington and Alana King unsold too. Did these teams not watch the WBBL?
Much in the same way overseas spinners don't get bought in the men's IPL?