• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of UAE and England 2023

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
That is grim. I am absolutely sick to my eyeballs of Gary Stead, and the goons who extended his contract.
Agreed. We're short of finishers for the World Cup, and Chapman is that plus a better batsman right now, and has a bigger future. But yeah nah Nicholls, sweet as.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Not sure this is true for England?

“Mark Chapman and Jimmy Neesham will miss the four-game series as they await the births of their first children, while Ish Sodhi is also returning home after the T20I series against England to spend time with his family ahead of a busy period of cricket.”

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Latham will bat #5 IMO. Kane-Mitchell-Latham-Phillips.

Agree that Chapman would be a better backup squad batsman than Nicholls though.
Agreed. And Chapman-Young-Nicholls should really be the order of preference here, though given Young is someone who bats no lower than 4 he is pretty much guaranteed to miss out with KW back and the other spots locked.

Molehill

International Captain
Questions over England's bowling.
For me, the biggest question after these T20's is Rashid. The wicket may have changed slightly under the lights last night and become easier to bat on, but he was comprehensively out bowled by Rehan.

Not so worried about the seamers seeing as only Curran is part of the ODI squad.

Not a series that will live long in the memory, 4 average matches. The ODI's should be far more important and informative.

Molehill

International Captain
Another drawn home series, no wonder Bazball has transformed England into the undisputed No. 1 cricket team.
It was somewhat annoying to let slip a 2-0 lead in a totally unimportant T20 Series, can only imagine what it must feel like to do that in a high profile Test one.