• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
After the position we were in when I went to bed, which absolutely wasn't missionary, I was surprised to wake up and see we had such a commanding lead.

Looking forward to us winning this one by an innings and 2 runs.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah but the newer ball would increase the chances of him nicking off. That would be a waste for me given how devastating he can be if left with the tail

Just move Root to 3 here
Ball will be 40 overs old when the first wicket drops, so it’s immaterial

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Yeah but the newer ball would increase the chances of him nicking off. That would be a waste for me given how devastating he can be if left with the tail

Just move Root to 3 here
Joey doesn't bat 3. Neither did Prince Sachin. Not gonna happen.

Skipper Pup

U19 Cricketer
Joey doesn't bat 3. Neither did Prince Sachin. Not gonna happen.
The difference is Sachin never tried it. Root just isn't very good at it.

All in all think the Aussies will be the happier of the two sides considering the conditions they faced when batting. Forced the English attack into bowling 100+ overs and they won't have their first choice spinner in the last innings. This test would likely have been a formality at this point if we hadn't been so poor in the field on day 1.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, I certainly didn't expect Murphy to have that in him. Great bit of tail wagging late, something we've lacked all series.

With the exception of Trent Bridge this series has been full of crackers. Having Australia with a narrow lead but batting last is basically the definition of a Test being perfectly set up.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
The difference is Sachin never tried it. Root just isn't very good at it.

All in all think the Aussies will be the happier of the two sides considering the conditions they faced when batting. Forced the English attack into bowling 100+ overs and they won't have their first choice spinner in the last innings. This test would likely have been a formality at this point if we hadn't been so poor in the field on day 1.
Sachin prefered at 4 in test. You can not bat at desires batting position in india,

Sachin used to bats at 4 in his first 79 ODI till sidhu was injured in nz than captain Azheruddin told him to open the innings >> Sachin scored 49 ball 82 as oener he than open innings till the end of his career with 49 or so hundred & 18000 plus ODI runs

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's weird. Australia made one of the greatest come from behind 4th innings chases in history, and suddenly Australia are bad chasers?
I think the thing with Australia is that they rarely seem to require to chase tricky totals much. Edgbaston was one of the rare times where Australia was batting last and had a gettable but difficult target to chase.

It also doesn't help that Australia have typically been poor at defending 4th innings totals since Headingley 2019.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Murphy 34, Extra 31 & Cummins 36 <<< no english supporter expects this,

you never know whats happen in next 3 days 😇

Bowling

S.Broad-20/4/49/2(602w)
Anderson-26/9/67/1(589w)
Wood-22/4/62/2(103 w)
Woakes-25/8/61/3(145w)*
Joe Root-7.1/1/20/2 (60 w)

* 48 test

the big bambino

International Captain
Eng just behind on the 1st innings but in front of the game. Aus have to hope Eng bat under clouds and the pitch doesn't deteriorate and play 2 heights.