• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
**** Root is such a reluctant bowler. Why wait till Aus in the lead before coming back on when he looked good earlier. Ok maybe Stokes call, but either way.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Mind boggling Jimmy stat.. he debuted almost 2 years before Steyn, who is a year younger than Jimmy. Steyn retired 4.5 years ago. Jimmy still going. And about 250 more wickets than Steyn. Quality wise that's another debate. But longevity, amazing. Steyn was a tremendous athlete himself.

91Jmay

International Coach
Root got 60 test wickets now. He'd probably need some freak performances in India but could he take 10 a year for the next 4 (should he play that long) and get to 100?

Gob

International Coach
Australia did well to get back in but England will win cos its a good pitch now, Australia lose the plot with the ball very quickly and they suck at chasing

loterry1994

International Debutant
Mind boggling Jimmy stat.. he debuted almost 2 years before Steyn, who is a year younger than Jimmy. Steyn retired 4.5 years ago. Jimmy still going. And about 250 more wickets than Steyn. Quality wise that's another debate. But longevity, amazing. Steyn was a tremendous athlete himself.
stey
Australia did well to get back in but England will win cos its a good pitch now, Australia lose the plot with the ball very quickly and they suck at chasing
Nah we’re still very much in this. Doesn’t matter if it’s a better pitch I think bazball style will still give us wicket opportunities. If they can reduce the run rate even a bit that’s where they seem to collapse a bit more and throw away wickets

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Chased well at Edgbaston. Will be close I think

Hopefully my prediction from yesterday comes true. If so, Root 10fer in the match

Gob

International Coach
stey

Nah we’re still very much in this. Doesn’t matter if it’s a better pitch I think bazball style will still give us wicket opportunities. If they can reduce the run rate even a bit that’s where they seem to collapse a bit more and throw away wickets
Oh the position in as per the scorecard is dead even and if the roles were reversed, I'd say England are way ahead

Australia just don't chase well

loterry1994

International Debutant
Oh the position in as per the scorecard is dead even and if the roles were reversed, I'd say England are way ahead

Australia just don't chase well
the bowlers saved our asses again I think they’ll have a big say tommorow as well. Yeah I’d much prefer that bowled the 4th innings as well. It’s not the chasing that worries me our top 3 bat at a snails pace this series and puts back the pressure on ourselves