• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

Spofforth

School Boy/Girl Captain
Weatherman on the radio saying there should be a "good days play" today. But unlikely to be a let up for any play to occur Saturday or Sunday.

If the Aussies don't find a way to put the wheels back on, this could be over today.

Spofforth

School Boy/Girl Captain
Jesus that was one sided yesterday. Well done poms, too good.

Think Cummins needs a break.

Poms seem to have their bowling sorted now, ours is heading south without Lyon.

Also seems negative to have both Marsh and Green in the same side. Not sure why you would leave out the spinner? If Murphy isn't considered up to it, why is he there? It might not have worked out, but I'm sure what we've done so far hasn't.

91Jmay

International Coach
Jesus that was one sided yesterday. Well done poms, too good.

Think Cummins needs a break.

Poms seem to have their bowling sorted now, ours is heading south without Lyon.

Also seems negative to have both Marsh and Green in the same side. Not sure why you would leave out the spinner? If Murphy isn't considered up to it, why is he there? It might not have worked out, but I'm sure what we've done so far hasn't.
If both had form with the bat I'd get it but Green seems a bit shot (although he got the modern cricket version of sawn off imo first dig) his method is scrambled. Should just Crawley it as Spark said in one of his rare good points.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Ben Stokes and Harry Brook will put on around 125-150 with Johnny Bairstow again. 200 ahead and 2 sessions. Aussies will be 6 down for around 90

chris.hinton

International Captain
Harry Brook to an Aussie Fielder

"You going to make me an all time great"

Aussie Fielder

"We will get you early"

Harry Brook Laughing

"Behave you bowling dross enjoy the boundary hitting"

Molehill

International Captain
Starting to think if there's going to be a result it'll need to be today - Sunday forecast getting worse and worse.

WICFan

State 12th Man
If both had form with the bat I'd get it but Green seems a bit shot (although he got the modern cricket version of sawn off imo first dig) his method is scrambled. Should just Crawley it as Spark said in one of his rare good points.
Yeah, instead of poking and edging his way through a scratchy innings for a few runs he needs to be a bit more aggressive.

Spofforth

School Boy/Girl Captain
Poms to go the tonk, set the Aussies 180 and send them in to have a little go before lunch?

I think if the Aussies last the day out (and keep the rain dance up) it might be enough.

RightArmMystery

U19 Vice-Captain
Nahhhh. Bit showery on Sunday but not a washout all day. 40% chance of rain according to the Met Office. Rain radar looks patchy and pretty clear later in the day

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Bloke needs a long long break

Also needs to step down for his own good
Personally would have rested him for one of the tests. Head or Carey could easily deputise. Far too much dependent on him being skipper and the spearhead of the attack

Australia missed a trick there imo

RightArmMystery

U19 Vice-Captain
Damn, if Carey took that clean Stokes was gone. Would have been against the spirit of the game if the sub fielder had got a run out though. Disgraceful.