• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On the one hand, drawing to retain a series because of rain in a game you got belted in doesn’t feel right.

on the other, if England do manage to win here even with the best part of two days lost then The Oval might be a procession.

so who knows how I should feel.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
On the one hand, drawing to retain a series because of rain in a game you got belted in doesn’t feel right.

on the other, if England do manage to win here even with the best part of two days lost then The Oval might be a procession.

We will win at The Oval whatever happens here now. Australia are done. If rain saves you here it will be yet another hollow draw, 26 years and counting, oh and we will be rightful holders of The Ashes as the last legitimate victors

As it happens, we will win this match anyway, so all good.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
a bit odd how brook suddenly decided to play traditional test cricket and score 14 off 41.

considering the incoming rain, these conditions should have been taken advantage of.
You're talking about maybe an extra 30-40 runs, and England can make that up in 3 or 4 overs tomorrow morning if they feel they need to. In the grand scheme of things its unlikely to be significant. If the weather holds off and we get 4-5 more sessions of play England will probably win, but betting everything on winning the game in 3 days never struck me as a particularly good approach.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member

On the other other hand, this game ending in a draw followed by an England victory in game 5 will mean the entire series ended up hinging on that idiotic declaration by Stokes on day 1 of the series. Let's make it happen.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well that was absolutely dreadful

F1 Practice it is then instead tonight I guess
Yeah, I've been off them a bit since their bowling performance at the tail end of the 1st innings of the 3rd test (along with Lasagne and Smith's 2nd innings batting). I've spent less time watching since then than I otherwise would have, but what I saw yesterday was a cluster ****. It appears that bowling performance in the last test signalled us rapidly reversing our way out of the series. Pat's "2-1" reply to the momentum shift might have been a little off in hindsight.

To come into this test with the potential for a fair bit of time to be lost; to not take advantage of decent batting conditions; and to then get carted everywhere is astonishingly poor. You would think a 9 day break would see everyone come into the match with renewed vigor, but apparently it is the opposite.

On the upside, Deadloch on Amazon Prime is very good.

halba

International 12th Man
5th test XI locked in ready to go :P

hazlewood should be dropped -possible end of career? Green gets dropped to accommodate the spinner.

Khawaja
Warner
Labu
Smith
Head
Marsh
Carey(w/k)
Neser
Starc
Cummins(c)
Murphy

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
i said it it before. that stokes declaration was just him setting up an epic comeback so that he becomes englands first choice all rounder for their all time team, probably takes its captaincy and gets the first knighthood from the new king. ****ing ****.
Tricky on declaration,

i think eng have to take chance for yet another 200 runs & force to win before Rain hit Manchester

G. S. Kohli

hazlewood should be dropped -possible end of career?

Khawaja
Warner
Labu
Smith
Head
Marsh
Green
Neser
Starc
Cummins
Murphy
You can not drop player on 1 or 2 failure.Manchester track still batting Paradise, Bowlers will struggle for success.(In the past MS was struggle to take Wkt match after match like Anderson)

CA not change & Chop well established player.

G. S. Kohli

Maiden overs bowled by Australia on day 2- only 3🤣

Most runs in a day's play by an ENG batter in Ashes Tests

🤳214 Tip Foster Sydney 1902❤

210 Wally Hammond Lord's 1938

189 Zak Crawley Old Trafford 2023

185 Bob Barber Sydney 1966🦾

G. S. Kohli

You're talking about maybe an extra 30-40 runs, and England can make that up in 3 or 4 overs tomorrow morning if they feel they need to. In the grand scheme of things its unlikely to be significant. If the weather holds off and we get 4-5 more sessions of play England will probably win, but betting everything on winning the game in 3 days never struck me as a particularly good approach.
Many weather Forcast in london says 100% Rain in last 2 days or 90% rain for sure one, can not trust weather but eng are on Driver seat right now

If Aus batsman bats 35% better than 1st innings test will be Draw

G. S. Kohli

Yeah, I've been off them a bit since their bowling performance at the tail end of the 1st innings of the 3rd test (along with Lasagne and Smith's 2nd innings batting). I've spent less time watching since then than I otherwise would have, but what I saw yesterday was a cluster ****. It appears that bowling performance in the last test signalled us rapidly reversing our way out of the series. Pat's "2-1" reply to the momentum shift might have been a little off in hindsight.

To come into this test with the potential for a fair bit of time to be lost; to not take advantage of decent batting conditions; and to then get carted everywhere is astonishingly poor. You would think a 9 day break would see everyone come into the match with renewed vigor, but apparently it is the opposite.

On the upside, Deadloch on Amazon Prime is very good.
Deadloch on Amazon prime

in india not yet, not even in coming soon!

Is it Comedy or Body Count Hor....

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

hazlewood should be dropped -possible end of career? Green gets dropped to accommodate the spinner.

Khawaja
Warner
Labu
Smith
Head
Marsh
Carey(w/k)
Neser
Starc
Cummins(c)
Murphy
Didn't Starc hurt himself last night?