• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Root does not look comfortable defending that off stump line despite nearing a 50.

Why defend when you can do that I guess

Spark

Global Moderator
Cummins just hasn't looked that good whenever I've watched him, so I don't see this as very unusual. It's like he's not threatening enough on certain decks and somewhat dependent on pitching it in good areas. However, when he gets even that bit wrong...
Where have you watched him because this is like his sixth bad Test of his whole career.

OverratedSanity

Aggers comments that as Root's 59th Test fifty. Zaltzman immediately chimes in with it being his 89th fifty-plus score.

I see you Zaltz. I see you being on the side of truth.
Zaltzman definitely one of the good ones. His article was one of the first times I saw it being acknowledged online.

Whistler

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
To be fair to Cummins he is being put under an awful lot of pressure. You don’t suddenly become a bad bowler overnight. Even supreme athletes have mental blocks.

trundler

Normally Cummins would zone in on that off stump line after watching Root struggle a bit there. He's bowled too straight all series somehow.

subshakerz

International Coach
Cummins just hasn't looked that good whenever I've watched him, so I don't see this as very unusual. It's like he's not threatening enough on certain decks and somewhat dependent on pitching it in good areas. However, when he gets even that bit wrong...
Well it speaks to his quality that he has been below par this series yet has 15 wickets so far.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Busy out here today so the wifi quality deteriorating and with it the quality of my image. I can follow the action but the text is all blurred so I have no idea what the score is until the commentators say

Every now and again the quality sharpens just in time for an ad break