• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time Asian-XI

Silver Line

U19 Debutant
I don't think Gavaskar's strike rate would have been much higher in any era. And I think India weren't the best team in the world because of their bowling stocks. Not batting.
also gavaskar SR bumped from mid 40s in his first half of odi career to mid 60s in his second half. It can be evaluated he did have room for improvement and consideration for winning more than drawing had he had the situationships of good lineups around him like dravid.

‘i dont think’ is your personal evaluation full of theories (ironically which u claim me to bring without substance)

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
also gavaskar SR bumped from mid 40s in his first half of odi career to mid 60s in his second half. It can be evaluated he did have room for improvement and consideration for winning more than drawing had he had the situationships of good lineups around him like dravid.

‘i dont think’ is your personal evaluation full of theories (ironically which u claim me to bring without substance)
Gavaskar getting his ODI strike rate up to 62 isn't much of a point against Dravid.

Silver Line

U19 Debutant
there are a few, but point is that Dravid didn't go missing like is suggested.
There answered it yourself. He indeed went missing, look at his drawn record, this guy couldnt lose but couldnt win either. Dude just sucked up pressure (good) without releasing it back (bad). His impact in winning games was horrible which is something to consider in atg lineups rather than just stats. You mention him being bigger than sachin in away wins and all that, then tell me why doesnt he get the same respect as sachin? Why does sachin seem so miles away from him? Because at least sachin tried, this dravid guy kept holding india back from going for a win, rather boring draws.

its not Dravid’s batting skills I judge, its his mentality.

Silver Line

U19 Debutant
Gavaskar getting his ODI strike rate up to 62 isn't much of a point against Dravid.
itactually is given how much dravid was told to be removed from the odi team by Indian fans throughout his career. He made runs, but never of impact.

if india played him in 2011, Sachin would haveretired w/o a single trophy to his name. Why do you think Yuvraj is hailed higher than Rahul as a hero? Is yuvraj the same level bat of rahul? No, Yuvraj played to win. The kinda gutsy guy you want representing your all time team to tackle another fearsome all time team.

subshakerz

International Coach
There answered it yourself. He indeed went missing, look at his drawn record, this guy couldnt lose but couldnt win either. Dude just sucked up pressure (good) without releasing it back (bad). His impact in winning games was horrible which is something to consider in atg lineups rather than just stats. You mention him being bigger than sachin in away wins and all that, then tell me why doesnt he get the same respect as sachin? Why does sachin seem so miles away from him? Because at least sachin tried, this dravid guy kept holding india back from going for a win, rather boring draws.

its not Dravid’s batting skills I judge, its his mentality.
I said he didn't go missing. his record in matches won is one of dravid's biggest achievements.

Please read the article.

Xix2565

International Regular
where’s your evidence for this?
The bowling averages for spin around the world outside of Asia for one lol. Unless you think averaging 30+ as a spinner is sonehow good or you're one of those morons who thinks player quality declines across eras.

Silver Line

U19 Debutant
The bowling averages for spin around the world outside of Asia for one lol. Unless you think averaging 30+ as a spinner is sonehow good or you're one of those morons who thinks player quality declines across eras.
barring warne and murali (and why they are legends) every era has had 30+ for spinners except 70s where it was 45.

Xix2565

International Regular
Who says they’re playing on a dustbowl?

Again, you’re completely ignoring the point. If its a spinning wicket in India, of course Jadeja is going to be in the discussion. Most of your games won’t be in India though, this is an all conditions XI, which you seem to be unable to understand.

lol what? England is the only team that you want to pick a team to play for worldwide? Ok whatever.

I am discussing this, you are continually ignoring Jadeja’s record outside of India and basically saying oh he’s amazing in India so therefore he should be in an ATG XI (specifically designed to play anywhere vs anyone)
Yes, and you seem to feel Jadeja isn't as hood as others, which is fine but debatable. I'm merely making the case that he adds more balance than an extra pacer.

No, dumbass, England was used as an example of a more vulnerable home team. Jadeja's record at home is a good enough case to consider him.

Do you want a debate or to cry until you get approval? Be clear here please.

Xix2565

International Regular
you brought this point up trying to defend jadejas average outside asia, memory hazed?
Are you alright up there? I stated that to say that Jadeja's away bowling record isn't as bad as people here want to believe because he's largely played in conditions where all spinners don't do well generally. So do you have something to say for that?

Silver Line

U19 Debutant
Are you alright up there? I stated that to say that Jadeja's away bowling record isn't as bad as people here want to believe because he's largely played in conditions where all spinners don't do well generally. So do you have something to say for that?
hes done horrible compared to other spinners outside asia though?

Xix2565

International Regular
hes done horrible compared to other spinners outside asia though?
No??? If you filter for 30 Test wickets as a spinner outside of Asia in Jadeja's career he's only behind Maharaj (who plays in SA which has had some turning wickets when he and Harmer paired up), Lyon (home in Australia), Ashwin and Swann's last few years (home in England). That's not horrible lol.