• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time Asian-XI

subshakerz

International Coach
Dude just pulled younis wasnt good abroad while playing 99 away games compared to 19 home games, where at home he clearly had his strength their which he couldnt avail into his overall stats.

🤣🤣🤣 this guy is clueless
UAE too, my friend.

Anyways, Younis doesn't really have standout high return series against top quality pace away from home. Dravid did that vs. Pollock/Donald, Ambrose/Walsh and Anderson/Broad.

But Younis was much superior to Dravid in playing spin, so it is close between them.

Silver Line

U19 Debutant
Lol what which format are you talking about?

India were probably the team that consistently gave Australia their toughest series in tests when Sachin dravid laxman sehwag played together. And got to number 1 in the world once zaheer learned how to bowl properly. The large majority of India's overseas wins also had a big contribution from dravid too, so that was just a weird claim.
what were zaheers numbers when he corrected his bowling like u said??

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
But india’s bowling was never good before that either, they were all 30 averaging bowlers before them too, except india found all its atg lineup in dravids gen compared to other gens and yet lost so often.

i think some batsmen’s approach and statpadding claim is quite likely true
So you're saying that a guy as prolific as Dravid harmed his team's chances of winning?😂

BazBall21

Hmmm. UAE tracks suited his ability to grind and preference for slow pitches. The RPW in his games played there is very high. Don't think it's a noteworthy disadvantage.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
UAE too, my friend.

Anyways, Younis doesn't really have standout high return series against top quality pace away from home. Dravid did that vs. Pollock/Donald, Ambrose/Walsh and Anderson/Broad.

But Younis was much superior to Dravid in playing spin, so it is close between them.
Younis did have one big hundred against Cummins and Hazelwood in his last series I think.

subshakerz

International Coach
genuine question, why did Dravid with numbers like these and players like Sachin, Sehwag, Laxman, Kumble, Dhoni, Zaheer, Irfan etc always ended up losing games for india?

when I think of that indian side despite all these names they lost more than they won. Makes you wuestion if all these numbers stacked, what was the point if you couldnt achieve wins
"As mentioned above, perhaps the most significant aspect of Dravid's Test career was that the runs he scored contributed significantly to India's wins, mainly overseas. Overall, Dravid scored 5131 runs in Test wins, next only to Tendulkar's 5594. However, in overseas Test wins, he was often India's main man, even more than Tendulkar. India won 15 Tests abroad during Dravid's career (excluding matches in Bangladesh and Zimbabwe), and in those games he scored 1577 runs at 65.70 - both aggregate and average is higher than Tendulkar's.

Quite fittingly, Dravid was Man of the Match in the last overseas Test win that India achieved during his career - his second-innings 112 and match tally of 152 were largely instrumental in India winning a low-scoring game in Kingston by 63 runs. In all, eight of his 11 Man-of-the-Match awards came in overseas Tests, and five in overseas wins, including unforgettable performances at Headingley (2002), Adelaide (2003), Rawalpindi (2004) and Kingston (2006). Tendulkar won only five out of his 14 Man-of-the-Match awards overseas, and only one in a win (excluding Bangladesh). In fact, no Indian has won as many match awards overseas as Dravid has. (Remember, though, that this award wasn't always around during the days of some of India's earlier players.)

As well as helping India win overseas, Dravid also scored mountains of runs in draws overseas, averaging more than 75 in those matches, with ten centuries in 32 Tests. Two of those hundreds were in the drawn game in Hamilton in 1999, one of two times he scored a century in each innings of a Test. In fact, he is one of only three Indians to achieve this feat - Sunil Gavaskar and Vijay Hazare are the others."

Silver Line

U19 Debutant
"As mentioned above, perhaps the most significant aspect of Dravid's Test career was that the runs he scored contributed significantly to India's wins, mainly overseas. Overall, Dravid scored 5131 runs in Test wins, next only to Tendulkar's 5594. However, in overseas Test wins, he was often India's main man, even more than Tendulkar. India won 15 Tests abroad during Dravid's career (excluding matches in Bangladesh and Zimbabwe), and in those games he scored 1577 runs at 65.70 - both aggregate and average is higher than Tendulkar's.

Quite fittingly, Dravid was Man of the Match in the last overseas Test win that India achieved during his career - his second-innings 112 and match tally of 152 were largely instrumental in India winning a low-scoring game in Kingston by 63 runs. In all, eight of his 11 Man-of-the-Match awards came in overseas Tests, and five in overseas wins, including unforgettable performances at Headingley (2002), Adelaide (2003), Rawalpindi (2004) and Kingston (2006). Tendulkar won only five out of his 14 Man-of-the-Match awards overseas, and only one in a win (excluding Bangladesh). In fact, no Indian has won as many match awards overseas as Dravid has. (Remember, though, that this award wasn't always around during the days of some of India's earlier players.)

As well as helping India win overseas, Dravid also scored mountains of runs in draws overseas, averaging more than 75 in those matches, with ten centuries in 32 Tests. Two of those hundreds were in the drawn game in Hamilton in 1999, one of two times he scored a century in each innings of a Test. In fact, he is one of only three Indians to achieve this feat - Sunil Gavaskar and Vijay Hazare are the others."
what about home wins?

Silver Line

U19 Debutant
I'm past talking about that tbh. The suggestion that Dravid harmed his team whilst averaging over 50 is a bit out there. So I was wondering if you hold the same logic against a player with a similar strike rate.
i held having india’s atg players around him as well mate, something sunny did not have.

BazBall21

i held having india’s atg players around him as well mate, something sunny did not have.
I don't think Gavaskar's strike rate would have been much higher in any era. And I think India weren't the best team in the world because of their bowling stocks. Not batting.