• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

slippy888

International Captain
What will Australia fast medium bowlers have for dinner for the lunch break to give them much needed energy for there short ball attack against England middle order

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
I think he has faith in him but when he wanted to bring him on they were leaking just a few too many runs.

One of those difficult things as a skipper. I think Cummins gets a few calls wrong, and ideally you'd have wanted Murphy to bowl sooner, but it was cloudy early and it was doing enough to persist with the seamers for a good part of the morning. The four wickets were great but ideally they'd have leaked 20 or so less.
I think the fact that the pace attack consistently conceded runs throughout the session (only one maiden for the session) showed that spin could be used as a different method.

Just allowing him a solitary over pre-lunch just gives Murphy no chance to build pressure on a batsman.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
One more wicket and Australia are favourites for me. We've got no batting after that and will probably need to rely on Stokes going Bazball again.