• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Be funny if Stokes comes out and says we did it to keep left/right in. If Crawley was out Brook was batting 3. Given all the village stuff we have played this summer that would be apt.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
It's been so bad all test. I heard some of the players say it's not a great seeing ground on the field but I can't recall the camerawork being as bad as this anywhere in forever
Maybe they are using the F1 camera crew. They never show the leaders and cut away to the crowd during the passes. And Toto's face

CartyDurham

International Captain
Not sure Australia have the field quite tight so far

the amount of singles where the batsman are strolling for one is too many imo

Shady Slim

International Coach
@Spark explain to me why that ought to be byes and not, well, you know your white whale

incidentally and on a tangent i learned on friday night, "the whale", as in the movie, the title is a reference to moby dick and not to the main character, and now i feel pretty awful about from where i'd thought the title of the film came!!

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I know pitches have been on the flat side but I'm still surprised Crawley has done as well as he has this series - averaging 30ish.

But... now he's mastered test cricket, reckon he's on his way to a match-winning hundred here - Moeen promoted to 3 just a decoy imo.

Flem274*

123/5
I know pitches have been on the flat side but I'm still surprised Crawley has done as well as he has this series - averaging 30ish.

But... now he's mastered test cricket, reckon he's on his way to a match-winning hundred here - Moeen promoted to 3 just a decoy imo.
England play enough tests that this will actually serve as a decent experiment to see if you can brute force someone to a decent test record through very regular exposure the way you can in FC.

FC sides often have relatively talented guys who nonetheless aren't good enough in them for ages because they have less options than an international side, and those guys through enough brute force exposure can cobble together some results.

England are basically doing that with Crawley. Bro is gonna leave with 70 tests, two or three double tons and an average of 27.