• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They were taking the covers off earlier. Are they still off or has it started raining again?

mackembhoy

International Regular
They were taking the covers off earlier. Are they still off or has it started raining again?
Started raining again I believe

Supposed to take them 90 minutes to get the ground ready. So doubt there will be any play as supposed to get heavier later on everywhere in the country.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't think Aus will mind if today's rained out, honestly. Should slow down the outfield a ton, which is better for them than it is ENG batting in the fourth dig.

Spark

Global Moderator
Looks like might be good for some play in the final session?
Radar seems to suggest that it'll rain until about 4-4:30 so based on that it's pretty unlikely that they'll get on - if they needed 90 minutes this morning they'll need longer by late afternoon after a few more showers have passed through.

edit:

1688823045078.png

Like to me that looks like it's not going to seriously stop raining for hours. I don't really know what they're basing their forecast radar maps on but they don't look particularly reliable. Stick a fork in this one and come back tomorrow imo.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Radar seems to suggest that it'll rain until about 4-4:30 so based on that it's pretty unlikely that they'll get on - if they needed 90 minutes this morning they'll need longer by late afternoon after a few more showers have passed through.

edit:

View attachment 36402

Like to me that looks like it's not going to seriously stop raining for hours. I don't really know what they're basing their forecast radar maps on but they don't look particularly reliable. Stick a fork in this one and come back tomorrow imo.
But spark if they don’t get a full day in tomorrow then I have to step on an aeroplane at 11.30 on Monday not knowing the score for EIGHT HOURS

CartyDurham

International Captain
The problem with headingley is outside the square and around the boundary edges don’t drain very well

not sure if there will be any play today sadly

while this was delayed my soccer team have just won 4-3 in an entertaining game

Spark

Global Moderator
But spark if they don’t get a full day in tomorrow then I have to step on an aeroplane at 11.30 on Monday not knowing the score for EIGHT HOURS
What kind of rubbish airline are you flying that doesn't have wifi on long haul flights these days

EDIT: I am fully aware that the list of such rubbish airlines includes Qantas